Chapter 1

Davon's POV

  Why is this girl always so difficult? Can't she see I am providing for her and my kids? Without this money I am bringing in, we would be living in a run down apartment with roaches up and down the wall. Besides, this is only temporarily. She didn't evenhave to snap and she didn't let me explain.

 I drove to Bigs spot so I could pick up the Dope. I pulled her car in the parking lot for a mini mart, so Adrian's car don't get jacked. See, I am always thinking about my baby. I walked out of the car an put my blue hood on. I walked quickly and quietly not making contact with anyone. When I arrived at the diner, I went straight to the back.

 Showing them my card. When I opened the door, I smelt the smoke and I saw all the money on the floor. There was proably three hundred grand in here alone. I walked to Big Poppa's table and waited for him to adress me. He doesn't think no one should speak without be spoken to. And he is the man in charge. ''You need more?'' he asked after he finished his blunt.

 I stifled back a cough. Weed makes me want to cough, but I don't do that when I smoke it....at times. ''Yeah'' I answered with a hard and cold face. He nodded to this skinny boy beside him and he handed me 10 miligrams of dope. I looked at him questiongly. This is only going to get me about 300. I need at least 2,000 right now. I need to pay for the kids day care.

 ''That's all we can give to you because we running low at the moment. Since you my best employee. I will let you keep the money you make for the rest of the week. Sounds good?'' he said with a smile. Big Poppa and I have always had a friendship. I helped him get his wife back. Ever since then, we have always been friends.

 ''It do. Thanks man, I need to get this in and then head back to the crib. My girl found out'' I said as I put the dope in my jacket pocket. Big Poppa sighed. ''Well good luck on that man. You know, if you need help....just come to me. You know I got your back'' he said. I nodded and gave him a shake before heading out. I walked to the corner and just began standing there.

 ''What you doing here boy? I thought you was finish?'' I heard Fras ask. He has been working for Big Poppa ever since the beginning. When I left, he stayed. He don't want me to comeback, but I need to provide the best life for my girl and kids. They deserve the best. ''I am trying to get my money Fras. I really don't need you to lecture me now. I need to hurry be back home'' I said without looking at him.

 He just stood beside me, waiting for someone to walk up to us. Then this lasy limping walked to me. ''How much?'' she asked. ''1200'' I answered. ''What?'' she shreieked. ''Take it or leave it'' I answered. She sighed and reached in her pocket, and gave me the bundle of money she has. I gave her the whole thing without looking at her. Before she could look at it, I ran as fast as I could to the car. I hopped in and drove off.

 I would have to bring my gun next time, because she might shoot me. I sped to the apartment and wen I got there, I parked in the same spot Adrian had it last time. I walked in the building nervously because I knew Adrian might go off again. Or she might've left for a while. I cleared my head of those thoughts as I got in the elevator.

  When I opened the door to her apartment, I found her on the couch sleeping. Piles of crumbled tissues were on the floor. Her face was ed and worn out from crying. She had a carton of cotton candy icecream on the coffee table, and Dear John was on. I didn't want to make her upset. I didn't want her to spend her night crying over me while watching chick flicks.

 I wish I could take this away and do something about it, but I can't. We need the money. Besides, Neraj has a doctor's appointment on Friday, and that will be a bill. I wish I didn't have to do this either, but unfortunately....a man has to do what a man has to do. If he needs to be a drug dealer for a while to provide for his family, then that's what he does.

 Besides, I had my deal with drugs before. I walked to Neraj's and Rajon's room and saw they were sound asleep. All bunched up together. I smiled at the look of my sons. I walked back over to Adrian and moved a piece of hair out of her face. I know she told me to leave, but I can't stay away from her. I need to know she is safe. I need to see me growing kids everyday.

 I moved her feet onto my lap and sat down. She shifted alittle, but didn't wake up. She looked so stressed and in pain, even in her sleep. It's killing me to watch her. I have to have my baby happy again. I can't watch any longer. I moved her body onto my lap and she leaned her head against my shoulder. She proably knows it's me.

 ''How much did you make tonight?'' she asked with her eyes still closed. I sighed heavily. I don't want to yell.

 ''1,200'' I answered truthfully. I heard her laugh, but with no humor in her voice.

''I can't believe you are doing this to us, Davon. We used to be so close. Talk to each other...not be so distant. I want us to be happy again because we haven't been for a while. Knowing you are on the streets hurts baby. It really does. If we have to move into a smaller apartment and downsize....I am willing. I just don't want you to do this. I don't want our kids to know that their dad is on the streets. I don't want them to take after you when their older, if your going to be doing this. I mean I love you'' she explained.

 I saw tears stream down her face, but she wasn't making any noises. I held her close to me and wrapped my arms her. I held her tightly  as she sobbed quietly into my chest. I was about to cry now. And I never cry. You can ask anyone who knows me!

 ''I am so sorry. I had to because we needed money. It is not easy being young and having 2 kids and we have all these bills. I felt like I have to do this. I don't want to do it, but a man has to do what he has to do. This is what I feel is right.......'' I trailed off thinking about it. I want to change. Maybe, I should stop this.

 ''I don't have to be on the streets. I am the man in charge, right hand man. I could get people to deal for me and bing it to the house. But baby I can't stop. I need to do this. In order to provide for you and our children. I know it hurts and I won't let it or anyone hurt you. I haven't spent time with you and I am sory....that will change. Can you accept this? I do love you. I need you in my life, baby'' I said.

 She looked at me. Her face was alittle relaxed, but her face was red and damp with tears. ''I guess, I'll have to deal with it. But I don't want this going on for to long. Can you please promise me that...please'' she pleaded.

 I smiled and nodded. ''Yes. Not for too long. Maybe 1 or 2 more months'' I said happily. This was great. She is going to tolerate it, but not for to long.

 ''Calm down Mr.Happy Pants, you know I don't like it, but I am not giving you up becaue if this. I love you to much'' she said as she stroked my hair. I was so in LOVE with this beautiful girl in front of me, I couldn't take my eyes off her. I picked her up and walked to our room. I placed her in the bed and took off my clothes, leaving me in my boxers.

 I laid beside her and held her in my arms. This is where she belonged. In my arms and no one else's! I love this strong and independent woman. The woman with my children....my baby. ''I love you'' I said as I pulled her face to me. I kissed her warmly and passionately. She reacted instantly and kissed me back...hard.

 I began to travel my hand up her shirt, but she grabbed my hands and pulled away. ''Not tonight baby. I just want you to hold me tonight'' she said as she snuggled her face into my chest. I smiled brightly. ''I could hold you in my arms forever'' I said. I kissed the top of her head before closing my eyes.

 My Beautiful Baby In My Arms......

 Then I heard a ear curling scream and a cry. A baby's cry...........my kid's cry!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry dor the long wait. Have been working on other stuff I had complete writer's block from this story, but I am back on it!

Comment, vote, and if your reall like my stories....FAN!!