Chapter Three

"Mate, did you even talk to this mystery boy of yours?" my best friend, Calum, asked as we walked the school halls. I shook my head. 

"No, the school bell  rang, so I ran back here so I wouldn't be late," I said. Calum shook his head. 

"Mate, it's was first day of school, and you found him. You had a chance to talk to him, yet you never did it. You should've taken your chance," Calum said as we walked into the first class of the day: Math. I personally loved the subject. We took our seats around the middle of the class on the right, the seats closest to the window. 

"I kow I should've, but I was still really nervous," I said. 

"Why were you nervous? You've never talked to him before," he said. 

"That's why I was nervous. I wanted to make a good impression on the boy," I said, rubbing my eyes. I had a little run-in with the boy I've been looking for yesterday before school, I couldn't get the image of his perfectly styled hair out of my mind. 

"Awe, Luke's got a crush," Calum teased. I chuckled softly. 

"You leave me alone," I said, just as the late bell went off. The teacher, Mrs. Smith, went to close the door, but it was pushed open at the last second. I was looking down at my books, and didn't see who it was. 

"Mr. Irwin, nice to see you. Do you have a pass?" I didn't hear the response, but I heard a deep sigh. "Just take a seat." I glanced up, and back down, but what I saw made me look again. 

It was the boy I was looking for. 

His dirty blonde hair was messy, yet pulled to the side of his face. He wasn't wearing glasses, and he didn't have any book or anything with him. He was wearing that old blue sweater, the sleeves falling past his hands. 

And he still looked adorable. 

"Calum, it's him," I hissed quietly, seeing as class had started. He looked behind him, and turned towards me, a smile on his face. 

"There's your boyfriend," he teased. I smiled, glancing back at him one more time, before turning to face the front. 

-

Class was easy for me. Then again, I've always been good at math. The teacher was nice, and really never gave any homework. 

My goal to talk to this beautiful boy was still fresh in my mind. As soon as the class was over, I quickly left the room, but I stopped in the hall. I waited for the boy to come out, and as soon as he did, I was by his side. 

"Hello," I said, giving him one of my best smiles, but he didn't even look up. I tried again. "My name is Luke. What's your name?" Silence. "Well, um, I noticed that you weren't really paying much attention in class, so I figured you just didn't understand the homework? I could tutor you, if you want," I said. When I finished talking, he quickly glanced up at me, and I caught his eyes. They were the most beautiful caramel color. Sadly, he looked away before I could cherish the moment. 

I went to speak again, but he turned and entered a classroom. I didn't have the teacher, so I wasn't allowed in the room, but I stood in the doorway. I watched as he walked to the back of the room, and took a seat. He laid his head on the desk and covered it with his arms, the same thing he did in math. 

At least I tried, right? 

-

Second bell just went off, and now Calum and I were off to lunch. I just left science, and after lunch I had History, English, and Music, in that order. 

Calum and I entered the lunch line. 

"Why was he late to first period? What was he doing? Then he just skipped yesterday? What's up with that?" Calum asked. I shrugged.