What Happened?

This is it.  I'm going to Gravity Falls.  I've lived in New Jersey for most of my life.  Most of the time, I spent time with my two best friends, and only friends, Stanley and Stanford Pines.  Nobody really liked me because I'm... different.  Like one of the Pines twins, I have six fingers.  My mom offered to get it removed, but I refused.  I like it, it makes me unique.  I finished college and I spent most of my days in a library.  But then, one day I stumbled upon a book about anomalies.  I wanted to expand my research and travel to a place where anomalies are common.  A small town called Gravity Falls located in forest-y state Oregon.  I looked out the window of the bus.  About an hour ago, I took a plane from New Jersey to Oregon.  I found a bus that was heading to Gravity Falls.  There was only one person on the bus other than me, which was the bus driver.  Finally, we reached the bus stop for Gravity Falls.  I bid the bus drover goodbye and looked ahead at the little town.  I inhaled, and stepped into the town.  As I was walking around, I heard yelling.  I looked towards the sound.  I saw a boy that looked around 12 or 13 arguing with a man wearing a fez. 

"But Grunkle Stan, why can't I talk to Grunkle Ford?!"  the boy yelled.

"Because, I don't want you getting hurt,"  the man said.

I walked over and tapped the mans shoulder.  He turned around.  He gave a questioning glance.

"What do ya' want?"  he asked in a gruff voice.

"Um, hi, I'm Y/N L/N.  I'm researching all of the weird things about Gravity Falls, do you happen to know where I can find a place to stay?"  I asked.

The mans eyes widened.

"Y-Y/N?  Y/N L/N?"  he sputtered out.

"Yes, wait, Stanley?"

"It IS you!" Stanley exclaimed.  

He put me into a tight embrace.  I hugged back.  I thought I would never see him or Stanford ever again.  Wait.  Stanford.  Where is he?

"Stanley, where is Stanford?"  I asked.

"He's back at the Mystery Shack, maybe you can stay with us,"  Stanley suggested.

"Sure,"  I said.

"Umm, excuse me?  Did you say that you were investigating Gravity Falls?"  the boy asked.

"Yep.  I came all the way from New Jersey to get here.  You wanna know why I'm interested in anomalies?"  I said, a small smile creeping onto my face.

"Why?"  he asked.

I raised both of my hands, showing him my fingers.  I could see the confusion on his face.  Until it hit him.

"Woah, your just like my Grunkle Ford.  By the way, my names Dipper Pines,"  Dipper said while closely observing my hands.

After a while of talking and walking, we made it to the Mystery Shack.  When we stepped inside, I was greeted by a homey smell.  Stanley showed me the guest room that I would be staying in.  After I set my stuff down,  Stan called me out into the living room.  Once I got there, there was another guy standing next to Stan.  We exchanged a puzzled look as I stepped forward.

"Stanford?"