Chapter Seven

Y'all about to hate me...

For a lot of shit...

...Sorry in advance (not really though).

"Stone cold, stone cold
You see me standing, but I'm dying on the floor
Stone cold, stone cold
Maybe if I don't cry, I won't feel anymore
Stone cold, baby
God knows I tried to feel
Happy for you
Know that I am, even if I
Can't understand, I'll take the pain
Give me the truth, me and my heart
We'll make it through
If happy is her, I'm happy for you"

(Change the pronoun from "her" to "him")

The following day, Jungkook stood at his usual spot behind the counter, arms crossed across his muscular chest. He was checking the time on his watch every five minutes, watching it get closer and closer to the time Taehyung usually arrives on his way in to work. He was trying hard to keep his heart beating at a steady pace.

He checked his watch again, frowning. Taehyung was late. Jungkook hoped he wasn't going to be missing for a few days like the last time Taehyung was late.

Sure enough, however, that is exactly what happened.

Four days later, Jungkook still stood in his same spot. He rubbed at his tired, puffy eyes. The last few nights had been long ones for him. He was constantly having shortness of breath, and it kept him awake for long periods of time at night. He didn't want to accept the facts that lay right in front of him.

The familiar bell rang, alerting Jungkook to step up to the register. The younger almost smiled until he saw a familiar person next to Taehyung.

Taehyung and the short male were holding hands, and Jungkook had to control his breaths.

"Hey, Taehyung." He turned to the shorter. "Hello! Sorry, I forgot to get your name last time you were here."

"Park Jimin." He smiled, his eyes turning into crescents, while he held out a hand.

Jungkook shook his hand, grateful that he was able to keep the shakiness to a minimum. "What'll it be today?" His voice was coming out dry. Too dry. He cleared his throat, hoping to make it better.

They ordered the same order as last time. Jungkook nodded, accepting the money and then turning away to make the drinks. This time Taehyung didn't walk up to him. Instead, Jungkook had to listen to the couple laughing together. They were obviously happy, and it made Jungkook want to scream. And cry. Or that weird form of crying that turns into screaming.

He delivered both of their drinks and their orders of treats to their table, only saying a quick and quiet, "I hope you enjoy" before headed back behind the counter.

The couple continued to laugh and it made Jungkook angry that Taehyung didn't even seem like he cared about the situation. Five days ago they were kissing and here he was with his old boyfriend.

Jungkook sat on the barstool behind the counter, placing his head down onto the cool steel. He was getting a temperature again. He could feel it. He didn't want to accept it, so he continuously pushed it away, hoping that eventually the fever would get the hint and leave him alone. He closed his eyes as his chest started to feel heavy, part of the weight being the emotional distress from the situation with Taehyung.

•••
"Jungkook? Jungkook!" The younger could hear very faint voices calling his name, but he couldn't respond. He felt arms wrap around him as he was laid on the dirty tile floor. "Someone call 911!"