1. The New Kid

It was a normal day. Same old teachers, same old classes. But something seemed different. I walked in the doors and started down the hall to the cafeteria. I walked down the stairs and through the cafeteria doors. I saw Rachel. I waved to her and sat down.

"Hey, how was your weekend?" I asked her.

"Boring, I had nothing to do!" She stuck out her bottom lip and pouted. "I thought I told you text me." She pouted on.

"You never told me that." I said. Izzy walked in and sat in front of me.

"Hey Iz." Rachel said.

"You're still your blonde hair bright eyed self so I know your Rachel!" She happily said. "Hey V."

"Hey Iz. How you've been?" I asked.

"I have been awesome. How 'bout you?" She responded. I didn't answer right away because the reason she called me V is because my name is Violet Cortez.

"Hello? Earth to Violet. Is that red hair messing with your brain? I'll be happy to take it." Rachel got my attention by mentioning my strawberry blonde and brown hair. They obsessed over it.

"Oh yeah right sorry. Yeah I've been great." I said quickly. Thankfully Ella walked in and sat beside me. Ella was sporty and had big blue eyes (like me) with light brown hair. "Ella thank god you're here. I need to talk to about our science project." I told her before she even sat down.

"Hey Ella!" Rachel practically yelled.

"Hey, what's up?" Ella asked everyone. The bell rung so we had to go lockers.

"I'll see you in 1st and 2nd period." I told Izzy and Rachel. I walked and talked with Ella as we walked to our lockers. I put in my combination. I got my books and closed my locker. I walked in to home room. I went to my seat and sat down. I got what I needed for P.E. out and my instrument for band. It was time for 1st period once I got settled. I walked with Ella and got with Izzy. We walked to band room laughing and giggling because of the faces Izzy was making. We walked in the band room and I saw Shugar getting out her saxophone.

"HEY SHUGAR!" Izzy yelled across the room. Shugar jumped and turned around to find that it was just us. I ran over to her. Shugar had blonde hair and blue eyes. Izzy fixed her dark brown ponytail into a bun. She also had light mascara over her brown eyes. The rest of us got our clarinets. We sat down once we got them together. We played some songs then class was over.

"Hey I can't wait till Halloween." Shugar said as we walked to P.E.

"I know. You get free candy!" Ella exclaimed

"And if you go to rich peoples houses they leave out bowls. They say take one but you never do!" Izzy joked. We made it to the gym. Rachel ran up behind us and practically tackled me.

"What's the rush? Or have you finally lost your mind and freaking out?" I asked her.

"No! I'm trying to beat Whiney to gym. And I won! Ha-Ha!" She grinned and stood up straight.

"YOU CHEATED AND GOT A HEAD START!" yelled Whiney. She was coming up the hall and got to us.

"C'mon ya'll let's get changed and we can talk about it later." I said. I got my group of friends to go to the locker room. We had to go outside today and run laps. We walked the track and talked. It seemed that the whistle was blown too early but unfortunately it was time to go. I got changed out and headed to 3rd period. I got to class and sat down. I heard the classroom door open. I looked up to see Mrs. Wendy with a boy that I didn't recognize, and that's impossible because I knew everyone in the 10th grade. He was tall and had brown hair that had bangs that ran in to his dark brown eyes.