6. The Fake Date

“I’m so excited and thank you Violet I knew you really liked him but I think he likes me more!” Ella said as she changed into uniform. I had tuned her out because I was super mad at her for making me “break-up” with Jason. But she didn’t know that Jason and I were still dating. I walked from the girl’s locker room thinking when Jason brought me out of my thoughts.

“Hey are you ok?” He asked. Then I obviously made a face at him because he had forgotten that he was fake dating Ella. He waved and went to find Ella. The rest of the day flew by. I learned that Jason’s and Ella’s date was Wednesday. Which I thought was a little stupid for a date day but Ella did pick the day.

The next day went in a blur. It was the end of school on Wednesday. I was going on the date with Ella and Jason. It will Jason and my second date. But I will be hiding in the bushes because it’s supposed to be Ella and Jason not me and Jason. That night I got ready because I had told my mom I was going out with Jason. I had already changed into a wolf by now but I couldn’t worry about that now. I heard the horn of Jason’s car. I grabbed my jacket and headed out the door.

“Hey I thought I was meeting you there?” I asked.

“Well I wanted to actually talk to you and not hangout with her and hangout with you.” He told me scooting toward me. He took my hand and rested it in his lap.

“It’s cold outside,” I said leaning on him. He put his arm around me. I sat up a little bit and rested on the back of the seat. I looked at Jason and he looked back at me. He leaned forward and gave me a quick kiss. We arrived at Red Lobster. I saw Ella waiting outside.

“Here it’s an invisibility cloak, put it on hurry!” I listened to him and slipped it over my head. I reached for the door and so did Jason. We opened the door together and got out. I guess I wasn’t seen by Ella because when Jason was out of the car she ran up to him and hugged him.

“Jason, sweetie you’re late.” She said to him. Her tone changed to upset, “Don’t do it again!” She commanded. Ella turned around and flipped her hair in Jason’s face. He followed her inside and I followed him. We got a table and followed our waiter to our booth. Ella sat down and Jason sat on the opposite side of the seat and I sat beside him. He put his napkin in his lap and reached over and started to search for my hand. I moved my hand toward Jason’s so he could hold it.

“I’m enjoying our date, sorta,” Jason muttered. He released my hand and put his arm on the back of the booth. The waitress came back,

“Do you know what you want?” She asked.

“Yeah two Shrimp pastas” Jason said. The waitress wrote it down and walked away.

“Jason. Sweetie, that’s not what I wanted.” Ella said obviously paranoid. Jason shrugged and slid his arm down until it reached my shoulders. Ella looked at his probably wondering why it didn’t go all the way down to the end of the seat. “Why did your arm not go all the way down?” She finally asked.

“Well it can’t”

“What do you mean?”

“Someone is sitting here.” She scrunched up her face and leaned way far forward. She reached out and yanked the invisibility cloak off my head. I fixed my hair and crossed my arms leaning onto Jason.

“Teach you to try to get me to break up with my boyfriend.” I snapped at her. She leaned back in her seat and sighed.

“You two are still dating aren’t you?” She asked. I nodded and she sighed again.

“Might as well tell you too, I need a big pack anyway,” Jason said. He finished eating and we stood. Jason paid and we left.