12. Losing a Friend

This a sad chapter to me! Also this will be the last chapter!!!! Please vote!!!! Maybe!!!!! Hopefully!!!!!!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I walked out of the hotel for the last time. Somewhere deep inside of me I knew that I was probably walking toward my death. Or toward our victory. I hopped in the car and headed to the airport. I listened to “21 Guns” by Green Day. We arrived at the airport in what seemed like seconds.

“We’re here Violet,” Jason told me as he hopped out of the van. I opened the door for the last time and hugged Jason for the last time. I walked on to the launch pad and stopped for a moment. This is it. I will do this, even if I have to go down fighting.

“I’m ready,” I said as I stared at the plane we would ride in. Jason helped me in and sat beside me. I had convinced Ella and Izzy to stay back at the hotel. I looked at Jason and gave him the last kiss I would give him.

I looked at the island and saw water below us and rain. I looked through my bag and found my rain coat. I sighed and shoved it on as we landed. We hopped off the plane and I was immediately soaked. We started to walk to the building on the island. The building looked dreary in thee dark rain. It was sad, I thought, Erik used to ne my friend now all I want to do is kill him.

“Violet, I want you to stay inside ok,” Jason told me. I simply ignored him and walked inside the building. He followed me and sighed. We looked around and saw nothing but then I heard something. I turned around and saw a shadow.

“Did you here that?” I asked Jason. He nodded and walked in the direction the sound came. We peered around the corner and saw vampires cowering in fear. I growled and changed into a wolf. We killed them all and found more. I then saw Erik. You could tell that by the way he was standing that he was worried. I began to walk toward him. He saw and walked backards, never losing eye contact.

“I am going to kill you,” I growled at him. He smiled and ran forward, and so did I. I ran him through a window on to the roof of another building. He threw me off and started to walk back inside but Jason got him. The rain made the building slick so I had to be careful when walking. I slipped once or twice but I was fine.

Jason held him down as I raised a knife over Erik’s head but Erik grabbed my ankle and made me slide down the side of the roof. I held the edge but started to slip. I pulled myself back up and saw Erik towering above me. I tripped him like he tripped me. I stood up and kicked him. I started to walk away but Erik had gotten back up and pinned me to the ground. I struggled to get up. My hands were to wet to get a good grip.

“Violet!” Jason’s cries rang through the air as Erik pushed me toward the edge of the building again. I heard them fighinting and then a large thump. They had both fallen. I heard a rip and new Erik was finally dead. I tried to pull myself back up but it was too slippery. I lost my grip with one hand started to lose the other. I tried to reach my hand back up but it couldn't hold on any longer. I lost my grip and fell to raging ocean. The fall was short and the water hit me like a million of pins and needles all piercing my skin at once. I plunged deep into the water. I tried to fight the strong waves but I couldn't seem to move. I tore off my rain jacket and my shoes. I tried to head toward the surface. I couldn't quite reach it. Finally my body gave up and darkness began to take over.