2. The Fight

The next day I was so excited to see Jason. As I got out of my car I saw Jason walking in. I waved bye to my mom and sister. I walked fast to catch up with him.

“Jason! Wait up!” I called after him. He turned around and gave me a bright smile, I smiled back at him.

“Hey V what’s up?” He asked me. Wow he called me by my nickname!

“Nothin, what about you?” I asked back.

“I’m great; I’m really excited for our date Friday.” He said. He’s excited about our date!

“Yeah me too, I can’t wait.” I said. I so hope I sound cool. We were at the end of the hall and walking down the stairs. We walked through the doors and it was like everyone looked at us.

“I’ll see you at lockers.” He told me.

“Ok see ya then.” I said back to him. I sat at the girls table and everyone stared at me.

“What were you two talking about?” Ella asked me.

“Our date on Friday, why? And don’t I get a ‘hey Violet’ or something?” I asked them.

“Hi” they all said at once (they meaning Shugar, Ella, Izzy, Rachel, Whiney that’s it.)

“Yeah I’m super excited and he called it a date first!” I squealed.

“You’re so lucky V!” Ella told me.

“Yeah he is like the cutest guy in school!” Whiney squealed with her. They turned and looked at him while I tried to hide my face because we looked so stupid.

“Stop staring!” I told them. They looked back at me and I rolled my eyes.

“So where is he taking you?” Ella asked

“I don’t know he said he would pick me up at seven on Friday.” I said.

“He must be taking you somewhere romantic!” Shugar exclaimed

“Keep your voices down I don’t want the whole school that I’m going on a date with Jason!” I commanded.

“Sorry” They all said. I rolled my eyes once again. The bell rung and I stood to go to my locker. I walked with Ella and talked about where Jason might be taking me.

“It’s a surprise.” Jason said. I jumped because I hadn’t seen him.

“Gosh you scared me” I told him. He reached over me so he could get to his locker.

“I’m sorry I thought you saw me” He told me pulling books out of his locker. I opened my locker and got my books.

“It’s alright” I told him. I saw Erik coming up the hall toward me. Jason was still over me putting and getting stuff in and out of his locker.

“Hey V” Erik said. He acted like he was about to give me a hug but Jason’s hand slid down between us and that ticked off Erik.

“Hey Erik” I looked back at my locker and closed it. I heard Jason close his.

“I was wondering if you wanted to go on a date Friday.” He asked me

“I’m sorry I have plans Friday.” I said referring to my date with Jason.

“Awesome I’ll pick you up around seven” Erik said.

“I said I had plans.” I told him

“I know I’ll pick you at seven on Friday” Erik said again.

“I believe she said she had plans.” Jason said pushing me toward home room.

“What do you have to do with this?” Erik asked him.

“Jason come on. Erik go away.” I pulled Jason to the room. We sat in our seats I saw Erik walk by the door and he looked so mad.

“Don’t worry about Erik.” Jason whispered in my ear from behind me. I nodded to let him know I heard him. It was time to go to first period. We stood up and walked to the band room and as normal Jason was at my side. My friends joined my on the other side of me. I talked with them to first period. Shugar, Ella and Izzy all bugged me about my date on Friday. We got to the band room. Jason sat behind me playing the trumpet. He was awesome at playing. Band was soon over so we put up our instruments and headed to P.E. Erik had P.E with me so he would be saying some stuff to me to day. We got dressed out and went outside. I sat with Jason and my friends on the bleachers.

“We’ll be back,” Rachel and everyone else said all of a sudden.

“Ok? Is everything alright?” I asked them. Shugar pointed to Erik who was on his way over here. I heard them go and give me quiet see ya in a couple of minutes and byes.

“Ok, what the hell is up with this guy!” Erik screamed

“Erik Raymond, how dare you say that to me!” I screamed.

“I can say whatever I want!” He yelled right back.

“Fine and I don’t care!” I yelled.

“Good you bit-” He started.

“You say that to her and you’ll regret it” Jason said calmly but I could tell he was ticked off.

“Did you hear anything because I was in the middle of calling Violet a bitch!” Erik screamed. Jason stood up and pushed Erik back with one hand and Erik fell to the ground.

“I recommend you don’t yell at her again!” Jason yelled.

“What are you gonna do when I kick your ass?” Erik screamed. Jason lost it. He picked up Erik and then Erik looked scared. He set on Erik’s feet then Erik was about to say something but Jason punched him right in the nose. Erik fell again but he fought back. He kicked at Jason but missed. I had climbed over the benches against the tree tears falling down my face which soon turned into a sob.

“This is what you deserve for what you said to Violet!” I heard Jason yell. They obviously heard me sobbing because they looked at me.

“Violet I can’t believe you like this dude!” Erik yelled

“I DON’T ANYMORE!” I screamed.

“Violet I’m sor-” Jason started.

“NO APOLIGY CAN FIX WHAT YOU DID! OUR DATE IS OFF ON FRIDAY I NEVER WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU AGAIN! YOU MONSTER!” My friends surrounded me now, pushing me toward the bathroom. I walked with them to the bathroom with them. I wiped the tears from my face. I heard Jason and Erik calling after me, but I couldn’t face them without yelling.