Haha, funny.

It was the summer after Alex and I broke up. I went loose. After a month of intense partying and casual hookups, I went to my second home to visit one of my best friends. She invited me to a party and I decided to go.

Before getting to the place, she kept talking about this guy who was friends with her boyfriend. She really hyped him up. She was making him sound as this wonderful, critical thinker, funny and sarcastic gentleman who just happened to love parties. Something seemed too sketchy, though. He sounded just too perfect to be real. And I did not understand why my friend was talking about him non-stop. She finally admitted, "It would be really funny if you guys got together".

I did not understand what she meant by that.

After a couple beers and shots of tequila, I was goofily dancing with this guy I hadn't met yet. His name was also Alex, but everyone called him by his last name (we'll call him G). Next thing I knew, G and I were making out. I don't remember much after.

The day after the party, it happened that my friend's boyfriend was having a barbecue and we were both invited. And what a surprise, so was G. I knew we had gotten together the night before, but it was nothing serious. I didn't expect to go any further. But my friend had made him sound so nice that I was unprepared for what awaited me.

He acted as if we had never met and refused to speak to me. My "friends" made us sit together and he took his chair to sit somewhere else. And it didn't stop there. He made a vocal list of people he would hookup with who were sitting at the table. Of course I was not included. He also called our little exchange "a mistake". Jesus, G, I am sorry I crossed your path.

If he was such an asshole, what was so funny about us getting together? Why had my friend insist on setting me up with G?

Well, turns out, that I was my friend's only friend left to get with G. Basically, every girl in my class had already done G. I was the only one missing. So now, the circle was complete. G succeeded at hooking up with every single girl in that class. And now, I was disposable. He had gotten what he wanted, he did not need to be polite afterwards.

Haha, very funny.

To G, I have no words to say. But to my "friends", who enjoyed setting me for this hysterical game;

this is the reason we don't talk anymore.