Chapter 1 Luke's POV

We do not own 5 Seconds of Summer's music or lyrics. We do not know the members or anyone involved with the fan fiction. It's just pure fiction. We do not make any money from writing this.

Let us know what you think!

* * *

Like any other word, the word fame is used by a lot of people, but the comprehension is different from one person to another. It could have an impact on you, or it could be an abstract definition.

If fame was a person I would ask: How did I ever deserve you? I have been struggling to reach fame; to even get a mere touch of it as I put my 24/7 of my consciousness to aim for it.

And here I was. I was now famous. The word fame, which felt so abstract, began to actually live through me.

I would still question mine and the rest of my band mates’ success. Now we’re actually touring and not just in our huge home country, Australia, but the whole world.  How did all of this happen?

My fingers strum on the strings of my worn out guitar as my voice exuded the song from the power of my vocal chords.

“She’s so out of reach and I’m finding it hard

‘cause she makes me feel, makes me feel,

that I try that I try that I’m trying to hard

Cause I’m not being me and it’s getting me down

that she makes me think makes me think that

 I try that I try that I’m trying to hard again”

Right… so this is why it happened to us; a stage consisting of instruments, four empathetic lads and an audience before us liking our production.

After a last powerful strum on the guitar I caught a hold of my microphone.

“Thank you so much Sydney! Hope you enjoyed our gig, we love you guys!” I exhaled.

The answer of fans screaming confirmed that they enjoyed it which made me smile widely.

I was about to put the microphone back on the stand but someone’s hand caught my shoulder taking it away from me with the other hand; “What Luke also wanted to say was that our album will be released next week here in Australia, buy it will you?!”

The screaming echoed, forming what sounded like a “YEAH!” I shot a grin back to Calum who had filled me in. He was the bassist of the band and my best friend.

I actually couldn’t think of a time when we weren’t. The coolest person I knew helped me expanding my interest of making music by joining me.

* * *

As much as I loved to be on tour with three goofy but yet as ambitious lads I couldn’t help but enjoying the moment knowing we had a break ahead of us. A break for a successful band like 5 Seconds of Summer equals a whole week of holiday before the next upcoming tour takes place and that opportunity was barely given to us.

However, I had my time-off already planned out. First I’d take my mom, dad and my two older brothers out to a restaurant here in Sydney, my hometown.

Second; to go see my nana at the hospital to make sure she was okay. If it was my last glimpse of her then I couldn’t miss the chance of seeing her.

Third; go to a concert and be the viewer for once. Calum and I had already got the tickets to the Blink 182 reunion concert here in Sydney and we were both buzzing.

“Luke…?” Stuck in my own bubble of thoughts it popped as I felt someone call out my name. “What?”

It was Michael. He was our rhythm guitarist and probably the most obsessed person I knew when it comes to dying hair in different colors. But he was cool, just as goofy as the rest of us so I let him join Calum and me. As from there we became three band members.

“Our tour manager is calling you” He made a gesture on the phone I had right next to me in our dressing room. I raised an eyebrow as I saw my Iphone buzzing.

Incoming call Brian

I picked up my phone and slide my finger on the touch to answer it. “Hey Brian, what’s up?”

Hello Luke. I was about to go and see you guys but I had to run some errands” He rambled making me wonder why he did call me really if he was in such a hurry?

Anyway, I’m sorry to break this to you guys. Put me on speaker.” He left a short pause giving me the time to put on the speaker so that the others could hear him too. “…but your one week break is not happening; the management mixed up the American tour dates which means we’ve been distributed with the wrong information… you will need to pack your bags and be at the airport tomorrow by noon.”

As he left us no time to react between his sentences all we did was to just stare at each other confused. “I will be there to catch the same flight whereas the rest of the crew will meet us in New York”

There was a brief moment of silence. No one answered at first, we were surprised by what felt like massive information. I saw Calum and Michael glance at each other with their jaws opened.

“You are joking right?” A blonde guy to my right asked Brian eventually.  I jerked as I didn’t notice his earlier approach. But there he sat of course.

Ashton Irwin, a man in his early 20’s… Well, 20 years old to be exact, is our drummer and was the last one to join us, making the band complete. Without him there’d be large piece in the puzzle gone missing. Unlike the three of us, he didn’t go to the Norwest Christian College but it sure felt like I knew him just as much as the others. Either way, his biggest quality was his way of being the hilarious guy in the group.

No Ashton I’m not joking. Anyone else who wants to ask something before I hang up?” I was just about to speak but his words cut me off before I could even breathe out a word. “Right, forgot to tell you, you have a new supporting act for the tour; the new famous duet Daniella and Thea from Sweden.”

Daniella and Thea? From Sweden? Never heard of, or perhaps I have heard the latest hit but forgot their names. I suck when it comes to remembering new names…

Gotta go now, but text me if you’re in need of anything prior do not hesitate to text me” Brian said before he hung up on us.

Surprised by the news we just got, I tightened my grip so that the phone wouldn’t slip through my wobbling fingers.

“So I guess 5 Seconds of Summer’s holiday only turned out to be a 5 seconds of expectation that we’d be off for a few days” Ashton stated intending to make it sound like a joke but we all could hear a slight tone of disappointment slip through the optimistic boy’s mouth as well.

Like two sides of a coin I noticed that even a fortunate thing as being in a successful band and committed to it, could also have a backside.