Chapter 4 Thea's POV

The 8 hours that I was supposed to sleep felt like eternity as I tossed and turned around in my bed. I realized there was no point in trying to rest any longer, neither my body my thoughts would let me relax. Maybe I was too excited for my own good about this tour, if that was even possible.

I made my way out of bed peeking at my sister; she let out quiet but cute snores in her sleep. I smiled at her before heading to a place where my dream was about to come true.

It wasn't hard to find the way to the stadium really. I just had to cross the street and there it was. I went around to the back of the buildings where the crew members greeted me with friendly smiles as they were carrying the heavy equipment from their trucks into the arena. They pointed me to the right direction before I even could open my mouth to ask for it. I thanked them for helping me as I walked up on the stage. The loud noises from the employers working faded away. It all became so quiet in a place that was usually crowded.

There was just me and the sound of my breaths now...

This contrasts sharply with my past life I once had. I'd like to compare it that way; my past life vs. my new life. 3 years ago I wouldn't even be dreaming of going to New York on a tour, especially not with a band like 5SOS. I guess I just had to deal with the overwhelming feeling of being on a stage, facing hundreds of empty seats that was soon about to be filled with people who loved your music. I don't mind it though, who would? I wonder if the four lads still had that feeling, they probably did. They still seemed grateful and didn't take anything for granted.

Speaking of the boys, the truth is I haven't really had the time to get to know them too well, yet. Well duh, we only met yesterday and last night we were all tired and called it a night as soon as we arrived at our hotel. Thankfully we didn't have to squeeze into a tour bus just yet. That would occur later tonight after our show when we would already take off and go to Boston where our second concert would be at.

At first I wasn't sure if it was a good idea, sharing the same tour bus with the headline band I mean. I know myself too well now, I'd just screw this amazing opportunity up and perhaps we'd end up being kicked out of the tour.

Or at least that's what I think; it seems to me that Dani trusts me and my actions now unlike the old days...

I was about to open my mouth and sing out loud to fill the void in this huge showground, but someone's footsteps caught me off guard.

"Shit you scared me!" my voice went unwillingly pitch-high as I glanced at the young man who entered the stage.

"Sorry!" Luke said raising his hands up in the air. "Didn't mean to I swear!"

"It's okay"

"You get easily scared huh?" He laughed awkwardly as he didn't get any more response than a nod from me. "So... how come you're here, it's only like 7am." He quickly changed the topic.

"I couldn't sleep" I shrugged trying to sound casual about it.

"Really? How come?"

"I don't know, probably because I'm too excited about tonight's show"

"I feel you, I used to be the same when we started touring" Luke responded as he wandered around the stage radiating amazement himself, like I did before. "Have you performed in a stadium before?"

"No... this would be the first time"

Why was he being so curious? I guess I wasn't used to the observance and it probably had to do with the fact of me being a Swede. The 9 million habitants in our oblong country were often afraid of stepping on each other's toes...

I remember myself only a few years ago. I was 14-15 when I used to see myself as the non-typical-Swedish-girl-with-mainstream-music-taste. The importance of being different and not like everyone else became something important for me to prove to others both by dressing abnormally and surround myself with "abnormal people". But then I asked myself; Who am I trying to prove myself too? It occurred to me in the end that it was just me who cared too much about what everyone else thought of me. Their prejudices, their expectations had a huge impact on me and I had to prove them that they were wrong all the time. Until I let those demands leave me; I left them scattered away from me whereas I kept staying true to myself.

"You're not the talkative type, are you?" I snapped out of my thoughts and glanced upward where I saw Luke sitting on a loud-speaker speaking to me. His feet were dangling as they weren't able to reach the ground.

"In contrast to you I'm not" The words came out harsher than what they did when I processed them in my head.

I saw him wince a little as a reaction to my statement. "I'm usually the most withdrawal one in the band actually" he said after a brief silence.

"I'm not surprised, even a hyperactive 5-year-old would look withdrawal next to them"

We both laughed at my joke as it almost seemed legit. The three of them appeared to be nothing but goofy energy-monkeys.

"Yes probably" his laugh tapered off.

I had to admit he made a good decent first impression of himself. I'm pretty sure we'd get along on this tour. He was definitely friend material.

"Well, now you know my reason of being here early... so what brings you here?"

"I came here to write on my new song, this environment gives me inspiration" Luke explained.

I nodded while I imagined myself sitting down on the floor writing on my lyrics. I totally understood what that came from. The environment was indeed stimulating

I overheard someone backstage calling out that they had breakfast served for the crew, including the band members. The scent of toasts and coffee infiltrated my nostrils. My tummy vibrated screaming for food and it seemed that Luke heard it too as his mouth widened into a grin.

"Let's go eat?" Luke suggested.

"Sure thing!" I said and tagged along with him.

---------------------------------

Longer monologue this time! Whaddya guys think?

I have to say I really enjoyed writing this chapter! I put a lot of effort developing the fictional character we've created. The magic every writer possess right?

Stay tuned for 5th chappie :) xx