I: Death

The sound of crushing metal and startled screams. You remembered looking at the golden sun. A smile was grazing your lips before disaster striked. 

A large, dark blue semi-truck slammed into the car, specifically at the side you were at.

Excruciating, agonizing pain shot through your weak, startled form. You parted your lips to let out an agonizing scream of pain as an instinct, but nothing sounded as you were already beginning to fade into darkness. 

"(Y/N)? (Y/N)!" Your friend, Rosa cried. 

You struggled and tried to say something back, at least an 'I love you', but it was futile. The pain was gone, your body numb as you faded. 

"Egyptian mythology is indeed very fascinating," Mr. Schmidt claimed as he showed the class around the Egyptian museum. "Especially religion. Of course, that doesn't mean I exactly believe the religion. I just find it indeed interesting."

Rosa yawned, obviously bored. But you? You were very interested and paid attention. History has always been your thing. Especially when it comes to ancient Greece, Rome, or Egypt. Mr. Schmidt led the class into a large room full of sculptures. 

"This is the sun god, Ra. They say that Ra has a golden ship that sails through the skies. And in the night, it travels through the underground world, sailing on the River of Darkness, fighting off evil monsters that lurk."

Rosa snickered. "Ra looks funny," She said, staring at Ra's statue.

You rolled your eyes and progressed to the next, learning about Set, Isis, Osiris, and all the others. The last one of Anubis, the one that fascinated you the most.

"Ah, yes. Anubis. God of death and the underworld. Whenever somebody dies, he guides them to the afterlife," Mr. Schmidt explained.

"Why does he have a dog head?" Rosa asked with a smirk.

"It's actually not a dog. It's a jackal."

The class stopped for lunch outside the museum at a couple of picnic tables. The sun was shining brightly on the city, casting golden beams across the concrete and lush green trees. The cerulean sky was clear and beautiful. The gentle breeze felt wonderful against your skin. 

"So, what did you think?" You asked Rosa, sipping your [drink]. 

Rosa shrugged. "Kind of boring. Beats class though."

You giggled, rolling your (E/C) eyes. You consumed your lunch, gazing at the sky. 

"Alright, time to go!" Your teacher called. 

Everyone gathered their trash, throwing them away. Rosa grabbed your hand, tugging you towards her car.

"Hey, Mrs. Keene!" Rosa called to her teacher. "(Y/N) is going to ride back in my car."

"That's fine," Mrs. Keene replied.

You and Rosa got into her vehicle. She turned on the radio, playing [music type]. You exhaled softly, smiling. 

As Rosa drove down the road, humming along to the song, you gazed out the window, your (E/C) orbs scanning around, taking in the beauties of the city. Springtime has always been your favorite as the grass and trees were a lush green, flowers of all kinds bloomed, and the air was nice and refreshing.

As you faded off into your thoughts, gazing at the golden sun with your sunglasses on, you failed to notice a large dark blue semi-truck uncontrollably barreling in your direction. Right when you noticed it, it was too late.

You opened your mouth to scream 'look out', but you couldn't as the sound of crumpling metal blared in your ears loudly, glass shattered and lodging into your flesh. But you couldn't care less about the glass as an agonizing pain shot through your body, mainly in your rib cage.

Rosa screamed. It was finally over, the semi-truck still rammed into the car, but on the side of the road. 

Parting your lips to scream, nothing came out but a weak whimper as you began to fade.

"(Y/N)? (Y/N)!" You heard Rosa scream.

Then you were engulfed into the darkness.