Again

Her Point of View

Even if I don't really want. I'm here at his house and standing in front of him.

"Hi! It's been a while. How are you?", I said politely. Hiding what I really feel right now.

He just glanced at me and continued reading.

Is he deaf? But he's normal last time I saw him.

I wandered my eyes at the whole hotel--I mean his house. Scratch it. Mansion.

I suddenly heard him sigh.

"What are you doing here?", he asked me as if I'm the least person whom he wants to see.

"I promised to my Dad and Mom that I'll be with you no matter what. It's also your Mom's wish, not to let you live alone", I sincerely said.

"She did?", he asked in disbelief.

Where in my statement is hard to believe? Ahh. It's because it's him.

"How do you say that I'm alone?", he asked with a smirk. He's creepy but this is not the right time to be scared.

"Can you say that you're not?"

I answered a question. And now, he was dumbfounded. He look so lifeless.

"Fine. Stay as long as you can", he answered in defeat.

I can't leave.

I have nowhere to go. He needs me and I need him too. He's hopeless and I'm homeless. I wish I could find a new home but I'm okay in this house.

I thought it will be just a house. A structure. No love. No life. But he did make it a home for me.

"Why?", he suddenly asked. I stopped wiping the glass window and stared at him hoping to see what he mean.

"What?"

"Why did you stay?", he asked again.

I put the spray and cloth in the table and stand in front of him.

"I don't know", I answered, honestly. He chuckled but immediately become serious again.

"Stop it. Just answer my question". He sounded irritated. Bad temper.

"Because you're alone".

"Why didn't you leave? You know I can manage alone. I can always do", he said digging more in the conversation.

"I can't".

"Can't manage alone?"

I can but I don't want. Why do I stay? What makes me stay? Ahh.

"Partly, yes. But I can't stand thinking you're alone. Because when you're alone, you're lonely. I don't want you lonely", I answered .

He just stared at me. It's like he's making sure if I'm telling the truth. He just stared yet I think I'm drowning.

I thought he'll say something but he didn't. He broke the stare and continued playing cards alone. I picked up the cloth and spray and continued wiping the windows.

I know he don't want me to leave. I know he want me to stay. I know he hates being alone. I know he needs me. In three months of being here, living with him, I know he likes me. I'm the only person who can help him.