빼다 ❈ withdraw

Droplets of crystal snowflakes drifted across the air, and formed a mesmerizing scenery through the glass window that stood as a barrier between a youthful student and the outside world.

Her hair was disheveled and her clothes contained splatters of liquid and bubbles of soap. The appearance she has confirmed the exhausting chores she had been carrying out.

Their class panel assigned her to tidy up their room every third of the week. But come to think of it, it wasn't solely her who was obliged to do so.

Myung Hee had a companion whom she relied on the most. They shared tears and smiles in their life. Anyone in the class knows they will instantly choose each other for every school activity that requires a partner.

This room back then, especially during this hour, was always clouded with bubbly chuckles from the both of them as they exchanged hilarous topics while organizing the place.

Albeit the camaraderie, however, circumstances caused their friendship to alter.

"Tomorrow morning, at seven?"

She froze at overhearing a conversation from the other side of the door. The familiarity of the voice, however, increased the wintryness of the room. It was her; it was them.

There was no intention of eavesdropping that dwelled in her free will, but the tempting curiousity was difficult to resist.

". . . sure." was the meek response.

That's when it deemed to Myung Hee.

The closeness they once had has faded into distance.

═══════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ═══════

People kept pushing her away.

She offers a helping hand but gets rejected in return. She'll stay at your worst but others viewed the peak of her efforts as scarcity, then leave. If she and another gets torn in a dilemma, she'll be abandoned or be forced to relinquish a choice she can still fight for.

Even the people she values the most let go of her.

In a few circumstances, they leave a single, empty excuse to Myung Heeーand that is to avoid hurting her once something unforeseen occurs in the future.

Little did they know that pushing her away is an enough reason to hurt her.

The experience brought a negative impact to Myung Hee. Whenever she discovers herself stuck in a similar occurence, she chooses to be the first who withdraws from the situation than cause an uproar of negotiation.

It made her emotionally detach.

"Who are you?"

Though Myung Hee spoke the question once, its essence left trails and echoed in her ears. She held the journal tightly, struggling to maintain her composure and logical mentality.

This certainly makes no sense.

Myung Hee's thoughts has only deemed the recent events. There wasn't any peculiar incident that happened. She woke up earlier in the morning and cooked breakfast whilst Nari offered to fetch a cab as soon as she finish taking a bath.

Yesternight was a loaded adventure. The two of them simply fixed their clothes and equipmentsーbut laughter made its way to their interaction. Myung Hee had no trouble remembering how she forced the shell-shocked Nari to compose poems just to ensure it wasn't her who wrote in the notebook.

"Oh my God! Did I say something wrong?! Am I gonna die? I can already feel my eyeballs start to fry-!"

"Nari, STOP!"

The two ended up bickering that night, with Nari suggesting that her journal must be an instrument of a cult or a former possession of a deceased soul who carries a huge grudge and must be exorcised as soon as possible.

However, Myung Hee never believed in apparitions and if ever a spirit was indeed lurking in the pagesーNo, she has to think logically regarding this matter.

Truth be told, she is still shocked and terrified of the eerieness surrounding this journal.

Breathe. This is the 21st century. Technology is at its summit. There could be hidden chips that enables communication in this notebook.org

Myung Hee hastily drew out a sleek, black pen and with shuddering hands, she began to write.

Whatever you are or whoever you maybe, I would like to let you know that I am no longer taking this journal for safe-keeping. If ever I caused a disturbance on your part, I deeply apologize.

I myself have no idea of this journal's specific origin. But I would like to assure you that I am a human and I believe that it is only for the better if only one person/being will take ownership of this.

Myung Hee could only assume that the other side was a human. It will be a factor of insanity if it wasn't. And as much as how fascinated she was at the magic or technology behind the seemingly-innocent design of the journal, she preferred living a normal life away from such phenomenon.

═══════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ═══════

【 m e m o 】

I deeply apologize for the sudden change in the writing style. The diverse imagery must have confused all of you. I wrote this chapter in a huge time gapーbefore and after my hiatus. The past few days drew out the worst in me and kept me out of track. But I assure you, my writings will be back as soon as I start the next chapter. Thank you so much for the patience!

Dedicated to: @wynterShun05
for serving as my motivation,
I love you so muchie!