~CHAPTER 5: Ellis' POV~

Tristan checked my wrists after I got out of the shower to see if he could discover any new cuts. He didn't find any. "Good." He said. "I'll let you get changed." He kissed my cheek and left.

I feel really bad... I didn't cut on my wrist but I did on my leg. What he doesn't know won't hurt him... right? It may not hurt him but I feel terrible about lying. Is it lying if I just don't tell him? He never asked...

"Ellis?" Tristan knocked on the door.

"Getting dressed. Just a minute." I said covering up my legs with bandages. I put on some clothes on and saw Tristan was waiting outside the door.

"What?" I asked.

Tristans face was twisted awkwardly into a fake smile to cover his nervousness. "Uh... can I have a drink?"

"Let me pour it." I said grabbing the bottle of whiskey from under our bed.

"You knew that was there?" He asked me.

"Duh." I smirked at him.

I made him his drink and gave it to him. "Thanks." He mumbled.

I watched him drink it. He sipped it only a little each time, savoring it. I turned on the tv and watched the news only for the forecast for tomorrow to see what it'd be like for Tristan's family reunion. Tristan finished his drink and set the empty glass on the counter. He cuddled with me and kissed my cheek. I turned to kiss him but my laptop started ringing from Skype. I answered Jeremy's call. "Hello?"

"Hey, bro." He smiled.

Tristan left to go get a snack probably. That boy always eats. "What'd you need?" I asked Jeremy.

"Just wanted to see how you were doing." He said.

I nodded. "I'm fine. What about you?"

"I'm okay." He shrugged.

Tristan came up and hugged me from behind. "Can I have another?"

I muted the call for a second. "Every extra drink you have I get to cut 3 times." I said hoping he would pick the drink.

"Ellis, that's not fair." He said sourly. "You know I'm going to choose you over the drink."

"Just be glad I let you have one a day. You won't do that for me." I mumbled.

"Just one cut could kill you..." He said.

"Hold on." I told Tristan. I unmuted the call to Jeremy, "I gotta go. Take care." I ended it.

I turned toward Trist, "One drink could kill you, too."

He thought a minute, "One cut a day. I'm with when you do it and not deep."

I nodded. "Seems fair..."

It wasn't fair. I need to cut. Like I NEED to. Does Tristan really need to drink? Well, I guess everyone is addicted to something that takes the pain away. Tristan grabbed the glass from the table and set it out on the counter in the kitchen. He walked back in. "Everytime you drink without telling me I get to cut as much as I want."

"Then if you cut I get to drink as much as I want." He said.

I didn't say a word.  If I did he would probably get mad and we'd have a fight and I'm tired of all this drama.

"I'm going to bed." I said after a few minutes.

"I'll come after I take a shower." Tristan said finally moving.

I went to bed and laid down. I turned on the radio and the song "Waiting For Superman" started playing. I turned toward the wall and started crying. This song applied to me so much. All I was doing is waiting for someone to save me from myself... I was listening to the radio for a while trying to calm down.