The Change: Chapter 2- I'll always love you Angel

Wednesday September 13th

Once we got to school we went our separate ways. I went to my locker to grab my books for class. I went to grab my pencil case but it fell out onto the floor. I went to get it. There were students walking up and down the hallway. I reached for it and then I tripped up on somebody's foot. Dedrict was there luckily he caught me by my waist.

"Are you okay Angel?"

He asked me helping me to balance my self. "Yeah I'm okay thank gosh you were there to catch me".

"Yes we wouldn't want you to get hurt now would we?".

"Nope" I responded. He picked my pencil case up and he handed it to me. "Thanks" I said. I grabbed the remainder of my books and shut my locker door. Dedrict took my hand as we made our way to home room. We walked in hand in hand. Everyone looked at us as we headed to our desks.

We waited for Mr. Barker our math teacher to come in. But he's also our home room teacher. He walked into the classroom over to his computer.

"Okay kids quiet down now were going to do attendance". As he called out everybody's name I tapped on Dedricts shoulder. "Hey Dedrict?". I asked nervously.

"Yeah Angel?.

"Um I was wondering if maybe I could meet your friends"?. I had been wanting to ask him this for quit some time now.

"Of course you can Angel". "How about this Friday"?.

He asked me. "Okay". I said.

"Great lets go to language".

The bell rang. He grabbed my hand so cold and pale in mine . A chill went through my body as I was walking with him. I was glad the way things had worked out. I never thought that Dedrict would ever feel the same way as I do about him. Who knew what the future held for us.

We entered the classroom hand in hand. We went to our seats. Our teacher Miss Charlotte walked in to the classroom. She was probably one of my favourite teachers . Partly because I love language and partly because she was a very nice and understanding teacher. She walked over to the whiteboard and started to write something. I got my notebook out and started writing down what she was putting on the board. Dedrict was doing the same. Once she finished she turned to face the classroom.

"Today students we are going to be writing our own poems". "Now I'm going to put you in groups and you and your partner have to both decide on a topic and write a poem about it". "So get a partner and start brainstorming".

"Angel do you want to be partners"?.

Dedrict asked me. "Sure Dedrict I,d love to be your partner".

"Okay so I was thinking of writing a poem about you".

"Okay,sure".

"Really"?.

He asked me."Yep go ahead". I responded.

"Okay". He said.

He started to write. By the time class was over Dedrict still wasn't done the poem.

"I'll read it to you at lunch".

He grabbed my hand as we headed to our lockers. I grabbed my recess and found Dedrict waiting for me by the doors. We headed to the old tree to eat our recess like we usually did. After recess we had science and socials. I sat by Dedrict in every class I had. Lunch finally came. I went and grabbed my lunch. Dedrict was waiting for me outside.

"Okay Angel I want you to hop on my back".

"Why?. I asked with confusion.

"I want to show you something". He said.

"Okay". I hopped onto his back and then we were speeding through the woods. We stopped at a waterfall. It was white and the air smelled like well water.

"Come on".

He said. I followed him into the waterfall. When we were inside there was a bit of a clearing. There was a nice breeze coming through. I went to sit down on the ground.

"Okay". Dedrict said. "Are you ready to hear it"?.

I nodded my head.

"Okay".

He said before he began.

"Angel your smile lights up my whole world, your lips the colour of red roses, your skin as soft as silk, your eyes as blue as the ocean, your voice as smooth as honey, your hair as brown as chocolate"." There are so many things I love about you". "Your smile, your laugh just your presence makes me happy"." You may not have wings as white as clouds, or a golden halo above your head"." But Your still an Angel to me"." And I will always love you till the end, I will protect you with my life, I will always be there for you no matter what happens I'm there".

I sat there shocked and teary eyed. And I started to cry. I ran over to Dedrict, he caressed me in his strong arms. "That was so beautiful Dedrict, thank you". He stroked my hair with his cold hand.

"And I meant every word Angel I'll always love you no matter what".

I looked him in the eyes and gave him a light kiss on the cheek. "I'll always love you to Dedrict forever". He kissed my forehead and cradled me in his strong arms. We talked about school and our parents. As we ate our lunches together. Until Dedrict looked at his watch and said.

"Hey we should get going now, the bells about to ring".

"Okay". I responded. He picked me up this time in his arms and held me close to him. I could feel his breathing, slow,and calm. I wrapped my arms around his neck and said. "I'm ready".

He ran through the forest with lightning speed. He put me down and took my hand in his.

"Let's go".

I smiled at him and nodded my head. We walked towards the school doors and headed inside.