CHAPTER 8: The Province

K'POV

It has been a week since the last time me and Ming had the talk. I needed space to clear my mind thinking the way that I have lashed out on him.

Ming was considerate enough to give me my space. He has been coming home every night before I sleep but I had too much to think to even consider his action. I know he has been acting as such because of me and somewhere I didn't want him to compromise for something which he doesn't want but at least I was relieved seeing him having some sleep and supper to keep him running all day.

He initiate talks which I just answered back in a word. There was no urge to continue further as I was still taken back by the things that I have said to Ming and I couldn't face him as if I was not confident enough. It was awkward sometime as I still kept my distance and whenever he comes close to me I stiffened because I was scared I will let my guard down. I needed myself to reflect on what I want and where we are with our relationship.

Back in the hospital, we have been assigned to go to the outskirts for free health campaign under UNICEF. We were assigned and I happily agreed to go from the cardiologist department along with Doctor Raya. It was a 3 day program.

I didn't know how to tell Ming but soon he realized as I was packing my bags, he asked 'Are you going somewhere?'

Yes, a health campaign .

Oh! When are coming back? he asked

Next Monday.

Its three days, Ming looked at me as if I said I am going to stay away for more than a month.

Hmmm...........was the only sound that came from my mouth.

How will you travel?

We have bus, I said stuffing the bag with the necessities.

Ok . Don't forget to give me updates.

Hmm...

_______________________________

Reaching the province, we started putting up the camp. It was a beautiful village. People came to see us, quite fancied by all the equipment that we got. A small boy peeped in between her Mother leg, he was small and round his head shaved like the monks of the shaolin temple.

I smiled and he hides behind her mother skirt. The place was serene, the air was pure. We were greeted by the head of the village and through the accumulated people we knew the news was spread. We started attending the people after lunch. I and other doctors started examining them. Time flew it was already dusk.

Doctor Kit! Doctor Raya called me.

Yes, I looked towards her.

Didn't you tell your fiancé that you have arrived, she asked me.

Oh, I haven't yet.

He was worrying about you. Do give him a call, she said.

I went back to attending the patients but as there was poor light we wrapped up. I washed my face and taking in the seat next to the fire place that the villager has put up, I soon was absorbed in the conversation of the people.

You have at least left him a message right? Raya asked me. Don't tell me you haven't ? she said nodding her head in a disapproving way.

I soon excused myself, it was already late but still I called him. After two rings from the other side, Hey, Ming voice came through.