03

One month. One month is all that I have left. One month till my life becomes a living hell.  One month of freedom.

      Dress fittings and decorations were already being discussed as the Queen wanted everything to be perfect. Nobody asked me what I wanted or what I thought about the dresses that were shown to us. They were all wrapped up in their own cocoon of wanting to achieve perfection to pay attention to anyone who bothered them.

     This is what my life had become, I was being sent off to marry a man who I had never even seen. Well I mean everyone had heard of how, and I quote, 'devilishly good looking' he was but I had trouble believing that. I hated this. I hated feeling so helpless. I hated not having a say in who I would  spend the rest of my life with but I guess that was what the life of a princess was made of. Having everything, from their food to their husband, chosen for them.

      I was scheduled to meet him in three days so that we wouldn't be awkward around each other during the wedding and I could not be more excited for it. Please note the sarcasm.

           ●○●○●○

    The day that me and Raven would be meeting arrived and honestly I was terrified. Seeing that man who killed my father and the man who was known for being ruthless does intimidate a person you know. I was dressed in a forest green dress that reached my knees. My usual silver tiara had been swapped out for a simpler, bronze one to show respect. What utter bullshit. Well I guess my mother was a bigger suck up than I thought she was.

        I was finally standing outside the doors that led me to my future husband. I fixed my crown and let out a sigh. Here we go, I though to myself as a guard pushed open the huge oak doors. This is it, I'm meeting Raven Avitus, Prince of Úró. The first thing I noticed was the crown sitting atop his head. Studded with jewels and made of solid gold, it added more structure to his already beautiful face. Wait what? Where did that come from? I bowed down and greeted him in a manner taught to me since birth. He was easy on the eyes, I'll give him that much. Tall and lean with a bit of muscle was the perfect way to describe him. What really captivated me were his eyes. Emerald green eyes shone like jewels in the room and you couldn't help but drown in them. Jet black hair sat messily on his head which gave him a slightly more casual look putting me a little to ease. At least he won't be a stuck up brat. Hopefully.

         He gave me a slight bow and nodded his head at me in acknowledgement. The whole room went quite and held their breath at the rude gesture. It would be better if he hadn't bowed at all than bowing ever so slightly. Already hating him and this stupid meeting, I sat at my designated spot and zoned out as my mother and the King of Ùrò discussed matters that I couldn't be bothered to lay attention to. It was against the rules laid down for a proper princess but I had had enough of wanting to do as others pleased.  Ah, sue me.