Daniel X Reader

<< DANIEL X READER >>

^ WARNING; THERE IS VIOLENCE, LANGUAGE, MENTIONS OF SUICIDE, DEPRESSION, AND ANGST IN THIS READER INSERT. THERE WILL ALSO BE HEADCANONS. IF YOU ARE SENSITIVE TO THINGS SUCH AS SUICIDE, SELF-HARM OR DEPRESSION, PLEASE PROCEED WITH CAUTION OR DO NOT READ.

IF YOU YOURSELF ARE EXPERIENCING DEPRESSION OR SUICIDAL THOUGHTS, PLEASE CALL A HOTLINE OR MESSAGE ME! I’M GOING THROUGH SIMILAR FAZES MYSELF. ^

* SONG LYRIC(S) MENTIONED IN THIS READER INSERT IS/ARE FROM THE SONG “DO RE MI” BY BLACKBEAR.

* ART IS NOT BY ME.

((A/N: It's almost 3AM kmn. Also this goes from 0 to 100 real quick. Or so I think.))

<< >>

Do, re, mi, fa, so fuckin' done with you, girl.

I stared at the familiar figure from far away. He paced back and forth with his arms behind his back and hunched over slightly, apache eyebrows knitted together, and aquamarine-blue hues studying nothing in particular, as if in thought.

This wasn’t unusual for him--to act so apprehensive, or fidgety--it was just his time to collect certain thoughts and feelings so he wouldn’t snap like he had done before. What had been done before ended up with him in the hospital and mental institution for quite some time. This only made matters worse.

“(y/n),” his voice interrupted my thoughts. I was so busy being a creep and “admiring” him from afar that he probably felt my pair of eyes on him, actually saw me, and wandered over wondering what I was up to or thinking. It was so unexpected I flinched and staggered backward, flinching once more when he grabbed both of my shoulders to keep and hold me in place.

“Jesus-” I spat out and the male raised both eyebrows. “(y/n), I noticed you were staring at me. What’s on your mind?” He pulled his hands away and crossed his arms, gaze darkening. I swallowed nervously. “My apologies, Daniel-” I started. “I was just taking in your daily pacing.”

Daniel exhaled softly and let his arms fall to his sides. “Sorry about that. Did I do anything weird?” He questioned, eyes darting side to side in a somewhat paranoid manner. “No, no.” I shook my head. “Just...I’m just concerned.” The confession slipped past my soft lips. My hand flew to my mouth and I let out a squeak. Daniel laughed quietly, eyes squeezing shut that signalled he was amused.

He then stopped after a few seconds, wiping at the corners of his eyes. “I was just…” He commenced, looking away. “Thinking about what I had done to those campers back at Campbell…”

Daniel never got over the guilt he had felt after the Camp Campbell incident--how he almost killed David, sacrificed a child...when I’d check in on him during nights, in his sleep he would twist and turn--muttering apologies and wails and choke back sobs. Never in my entire life had I seen such a man in discontent, pain, or suffering over what he had done.

I then wandered back to the time when Daniel told me how his father forced him to join the cult--the cult he never wanted to be a part of--the cult he knew wasn’t something he wanted in his life. Had it not been for his father, Daniel wouldn’t have gone through such trauma, nor would he have been such a wreck like he was today. He remembered all the times his father attempted to brainwash him. He remembered the times he was forced to sacrifice an innocent person who deserved to live longer than what came to be.