Chapter 10

Adeline Carter's POV

"So you mean to tell me that you have approximately 2 weeks left, before you're married, and your dad just sprung it on you that day after Belle's game?!" James yells.

He sits on my bed wearing his mother's 'borrowed' unicorn onzie and throwing pieces of popcorn at me.

And by borrowed, I mean that she hasn't seen that thing in the past two months.

Belle sighs and looks up from her book.

"Jay, she's said it like ten million times!" She reminds him.

He ignores her.

To me and James, arranged marriages are very normal.

But they often take on an entirely different approach.

It's a meeting between two or more families and their children to see who is the best fit.

You then date your potential partners until one sticks and then you go back to your parents to talk and then get married.

"Oh, my God, where is your..." He stops short noticing something behind me.

"Oh my God, is that..." He scrambles off of my bed, spilling half of the popcorn on my bed!

I yell, knowing that there will be crumbs everywhere!

He walks up to my dresser and picks something up.

"Oh my God, it's huge! It's like a piece of fruit!" He turns around holding my ring.

He holds it to the light.

"So your fiancé is rich, good looking, and romantic?!" He swoons.

"Ade if you don't marry the boy, I will!" He announces.

I giggle.

Whilst James babbles on rapidly about obviously becoming my chief wedding planner and what kind of dress that I'm wearing, I pick up as many pieces of popcorn as I can.

If all else fails, I'll put a blanket over mine and Belle's side of the bed and James can and will sleep on the popcorn. No arguments.

James is halfway through his rant, when Grace and Maria burst through my door.

Grace is ranting about something down the phone in a separate language I don't think I've ever heard and her sister looks annoyed with her.

Belle looks up at them and then back down at her book.

Grace rolls her eyes and ends the call mid way between the person on the other line talking.

She throws a box of chocolates at the bed harder than intended.

I duck out the way and Belle catches it without looking up.

She then noticed and looks up at what she's holding.

"Chocolates!" She says happily.

"Your reflexes are amazing!" Maria gushes.

Belle shrugs with a grin, trying to hide her blushing face.

"With 7 other brothers, I'd hope that I was good with reflexes" she chuckles.

"7?!" Maria asks, astounded.

She sits on my bed.

So maybe having a King sized bed is not that bad after all...

"Yup, 7 imbeciles to grow up with" Belle says. Maria giggles and they continue with their conversation.

I decide that since James has sat on most of it, we need more popcorn. I walk barefoot out of my room and towards the kitchen.