Crying Twins

Earlier at the Hastings House

Toby's POV

„Daddy?"Taylor asked.„Yes darling?"he replied.„I want Mummy back ",she said.„I know,baby, I know. I want her back too",he said and kissed her head.„When is she coming back?"Taylor asked.„I don't know ",Toby sighed,trying hard to hold back tears.„Where is she?"she asked once more.„I don't know but I promise she's gonna come back",Toby said and hugged her.„And where's auntie Lex? I miss her",Taylor said.„She's with Mummy",Toby answered.

„What do you wanna do?"Toby questioned,trying to change the topic.„Can we go out with Grace?"she asked.„Of course",Toby said and picked her up.

They went on a walk.When they were back,Toby was surprised there was light inside of the house.„Hello?"he called as they entered the house.„Hey", he heard someone say and Melissa walked around the corner.„Auntie Mel",Taylor squealed and ran towards her.Melissa picked her up and hugged her.„Hey, I missed you little one ",she said.„How are you?"she asked Toby,sounding a little worried.„Hanging in there", he sighed.„I miss them too",Melissa said sadly.

They talked about everything that happened in the past weeks and Taylor played happily,not realizing what they were talking about.She was too young to understand what happened to her mum and Toby didn't want to confuse or scare her.Veronica and Peter came home and they had dinner.Suddenly,the doorbell rang.Toby got up to open it.

As he opened the door and saw who was standing outside,a mix of relief and horror washed over him.There she was.Spencer.Full of scars and barely able to stand on her legs,clinging onto her sister.Alex looked pretty much the same.They looked so broken.

General POV

They couldn't stay strong anymore.Spencer collapsed into Toby's arms,clinging to him and crying hysterically.Melissa and their parents quickly realized something was up as Toby didn't return.Veronica picked up Taylor and they walked to the door just to see Spencer crying and shaking in Toby's arms and Alex standing there on the verge of tears,quivering.

Melissa walked up to Alex and hugged her and as soon as she wrapped her arms around her sister,Alex started to tear up.Taylor jumped down from her grandmas arms and ran up to her parents,clinging to Spencer's leg.Spencer picked her up gently and kissed her head,her tears falling onto Taylor's hair.„I missed you Mummy ",Taylor said quietly,clinging to her mum even more.„I missed you too",Spencer sobbed and Toby wrapped his arms around them.They were finally home again.