Chapter 1

Lily's POV-

"Who is it?" Stefan asked. "Katherine Pierce," I said and she looked up, "Lily," she said getting up, "how are you dear cousin?"

"I'm doing good Katherine," I said faking that smile, "How are you?" "Same old same old," she said waving her hand.

"I didn't know mother and father invited you," I said. "Yes," she said, "I wasn't in town before, but I came back and I saw your parents walking around town and we bumped into each other and they invited me."

I nodded my head, but I didn't really believe her, I looked over and saw Damon and Stefan staring at her, "I best be getting back," I said.

I was almost to the door when someone grabbed my hand and turned me around, "Hey Damon," I said, "Is there something you need?"

"I just wanted to ask if you wanted to go walk," he said. "I thought you'd want to stay with Katherine," I said.

"Got bored," he said. I laughed, "Sure," I said, "I mean sure I'll walk with you." He grinned and we started walking, "So how is it living with Stefan?" I asked.

"The same as if you have a sibling," he said. I smiled, "So is Katherine really your cousin?" He asked. "Unfortunately yes," I said, "Her mom is my mom's sister, then my mother went and married my father, Katherine's mother went an married Pierce and they had Katherine."

He nodded his head, "but then her parents passed away and she changed," I said. "What do you mean by changed?" He asked.

"She became distant," I said, "she was nice before her parents died but then she was convicted of some things and she left for a couple weeks and then came back to my house and she was changed."

"Mom and dad kicked her out and she was mad, but she left and we haven't seen her till now," I finished. I looked around and saw people leaving, "You should go get Stefan and leave the parties over."

He nodded his head, "See you around Miss Gracey," he said kissing my hand. I smiled at him and he walked away.

I walked into the house and saw mom and dad talking to Mr. and Mrs. Salvatore. "Darling come say hi to the Salvatores," mom said, "their going to be staying after for a while so we can talk business."

'What business?' I thought. I walked over and smiled, "Hello Mr. and Mrs. Salvatore," I said. "Hello Lily," Mrs. Salvatore said.

I smiled at them "Stefan, Damon, come and say hello to Mr. and Mrs. Gracey," Mrs. Salvatore. "Hello Mr. and Mrs. Gracey," Stefan said.

"Mom can I talk to you?" I asked. She nodded her head, "How come Katherine was here?" I asked her once we got in the study.

"Me and your father ran into her and we haven't seen each other in so long, and we wanted to catch up, but I never saw her," Mom said.

"Well I did," I said, "I found her busy kissing Damon Salvatore." Mom had a death look, "So she hasn't changed one bit," she said, "out of everyone why a Salvatore."

"I know you guys are enemies, but why have them stay longer?" I asked her. She didn't answer, I gasped and put my hands to my mouth, "Mother do you plan on killing them?" I whispered.

She didn't answer, "Mother," I said, "Do you plan on killing them?" "Darling it's adult things," she said, "now why don't you go on to bed."

I looked at her, "I don't think Katherine's the one who's changed, I think it's you and dad that has, the ones I knew wouldn't go and kill innocent people," I said.

"Their not innocent Lily," she said, "Now go to bed." I turned and walked out slamming the door behind me, and I pushed past the Salvatores and walked out, "Lily, get back in this house," Mom and dad yelled.

"I'm not going to stay in this house, with a bunch of complete and utter...." but before I could say murderer.

"Lily get in this house now," Dad said. "I'm not going to stay in this house with murderers," I yelled and then grabbed my dress and ran to the stables.

I found my horse and got on. I ran out, "Lily get back here," Mom said and I saw her running out, "Lily come back."

I looked back and saw my mom fell on the ground with dad beside her and I saw Stefan and Damon on the porch staring at me.

I kept on riding until I got to our summer house, but wasn't really far from home. I got off, but I fell off and landed on something and I looked down and saw I had landed on the fence and it had went through my stomach.

I felt myself getting picked up, "Lily I'm so sorry," I heard Katherine say and then I felt something metallic in my mouth and then I heard a crack and everything went black.