Chapter 2

*Ava*

Today was the day.

15th of March.

I turned off the water, before wrapping a towel around my frame and stepping out of the shower. I walked towards my mirror and wiped my hand across it, to have a clear view of myself. Quite frankly, I looked like shit. I had deep circles under my eyes from the lack of sleep, and I seemed to have lost some weight.

Sighing, I dried myself and got dressed. Wearing another hoodie of Sebastian's and light washed jeans. I walked out the bathroom and picked up a pair of my black vans, before sitting down on my desk chair and putting them on. Running a hand through my hair, I let out a deep breath. I was so nervous. Not knowing what to expect.

Walking towards my bed side cabinet, I picked up the letter. My eyes skimmed over the letter for what seemed like the hundredth time. Sebastian didn't write a time on the letter, thanks love. You make it so easy for me. I pressed the home button on my iPhone, the time read 08:43AM.

So early. Not that it mattered, I barely sleep anyway.

Picking up my phone and keys, I turned on my heels before heading out my bedroom. Walking down the familiar corridor, my eyes landed on the picture of Sebastian and I mounted on the wall. It was taken on the day of prom, he looked ravishing in his black suit, his hair styled to perfection.

He was handsome as hell.

Forcing back the tears, I walked down the stairs before heading to the kitchen. My mother was busy clearing up the mess left after breakfast. I muttered a 'good morning', before grabbing a bottled water out the fridge.

"Sweetie, why don't you have some breakfast?" mum suggested.

I shook my head, "Not hungry."

"You need to eat something, it's not healthy Ava."

I looked at my mother, she looked at me with sad filled eyes. I tried to smile at her, but I'm pretty sure it looked like a grimace more than anything.

"I'm going out, I don't know how long I'll be gone for." I told her, turning quickly. I almost sprinted out the kitchen. Time was essential, and I wouldn't waste it.

Unlocking my mineral grey BMW M2, I got into the driver seat. The engine roared to life, and I was reversing out the driveway in no time. Driving in silence seemed to be the safest option. Most of the songs that came on the radio somehow managed to remind me of Sebastian, and what I've lost.

The drive to the beach didn't take long, once I parked the car, I turned off the ignition. Grabbing what I needed, I got out and locked the door. Heading the opposite direction of the main entry to the beach, I walked until the familiar rocks came to view. Without hesitating, I climbed the rocks, knowing which rocks to step on and which ones to avoid.

It didn't take me long to reach the small hidden cave that we accidentally stumbled across a few years ago. I stopped for a second, trying to catch my breath. Our time together in this cave came flooding through my mind, making it difficult for me to breathe. Inhaling deeply through my nose, and exhaling out my mouth managed to calm me down a little. I repeated this until I was fully in control of my emotions.

Taking a step into the cave, I looked around. It was empty, filled with nothingness. Just like me. Walking deeper into the cave, I continued to search for any clue's that Sebastian might've left behind. After searching for a while, I let out a huff. Frustrated that I couldn't find anything here.