Chapter 4 - Money, Money, Money

[SEASON 7 EPISODE 11]

The following morning, as I stood up from the couch and entered the kitchen, I noticed Fiona seated at the table

The following morning, as I stood up from the couch and entered the kitchen, I noticed Fiona seated at the table. "You ok?" I asked as I opened the refrigerator, took out a bottle of orange juice, and poured myself a glass before she rose from the table, a smile on her face and a piece of paper in her hand. I turned it around as she did, and grinned as I said, "You sold the laundry." Fiona said, "By the time I've paid the mortgage, paid Etta back, I will be 75 grand," with pride.

Fiona put the check down and put her hand on mine. "I understand now why you left you came successful, did something for yourself for a change I get that," Fiona said, which made me happy that she forgave me because my family was more important to me than any amount of money I have made or anything I own. "I'm proud of you, your going up in the world," I said with pride. I started the business to be able to support my family.

"So what are you doing with the rest of the money" I asked as she got up and walked over to the coffee pot "splashing out on something fun" Fiona said with a smile "Gallagher party?" I asked with a grin "Gallagher Party?" Fiona replied, Gallagher parties were the biggest on the block mainly because the cops stopped it. "I gotta go" Fiona said as she placed a piece of toast in her mouth "See you later" I said as I waved as she walked out and headed out of the house.

I sat there working for a while before I headed to the cafe that Fiona worked as a manager when I walked in I heard shouting coming from the kitchen "what's going on?" I asked one of the waitresses "Hi you must be Jo" she said as she put her hand for me to shake "Sierra" Sierra said as I shook her hand "your parents are in the kitchen good luck" Sierra said with a smile before I headed into the kitchen to see my parents along with Lip & Fiona.

"Jo" Monica said happily as i entered the room but I just glared at her. "There getting married" Fiona said angrily laughing "again?" I said before Fiona walked out of the kitchen and back into the diner as everyone followed. "Out of curiosity who's officiating this bullshit ceremony?" Fiona said as she went behind the counter. "We don't need middlemen. This is between god and us." Frank said which made me laugh.

"God since when have you been to a church and taking money out of the collection tin doesn't count" I said before laughing as I went behind the counter with Fiona "that's a good thing because no priest will come near you after what happened at your first wedding." Fiona said Ashe looked at Frank.

As lip appeared with a tray in his hands "oh, yeah, didn't you puke on Father McDougal?" Lip said which made me smile "his face was a picture" I said before I laughed "you weren't even there." Frank said getting annoyed with him before Lip looked at me "I was there for the second one." Lip said as he looked at Frank "Oh Christ" Fiona said with a look in disgust on her face.

"Wasn't that the naked wedding" I asked "that was beautiful" Monica said happily which annoyed me "yeah if your pedophile" Lip said sarcastically. "Why do you three keep harping on the past?" Frank said raising both hands up "because unlike you we actually remember" I said which made both Fiona and Lip chuckle. "I remember it" Frank said with a short pause "well some" Frank said which made me raise eyebrows.

"This is why your lives are so messed up." Frank said "Oh, yeah, that's the reason." Fiona said sarcastically "you deserved a better mother. You needed me. I wasn't there. I'm asking for a fresh start." Monica said as she looked at Fiona "how many times have you asked for a fresh start huh because I've lost count." I said which made Frank glare at me. "I want a new beginning for the family." Monica said as she looked at all three of us "please come." Monica said with a begging tone.

Before Frank looked at us, before Monica walked out of the diner disappointed "you two aren't going to go are you?" Fiona asked before she looked at me then Lip "Fuck,no." Lip said before he headed into the kitchen "I'd rather sit on the stove, naked" I said sarcastically. "Is there any chance you could help me out here? You've always been a good cook" Fiona asked with a begging look in her eyes. "Sure" I said before we headed into the kitchen and throwing an apron at me with a smile on her face.

After finishing up at the diner myself, Fiona and Etta headed home Fiona was letting her stay for a while as we reached the house I headed in with two boxes in my hands one stacked on top of the other as I walked into the living room I placed them on the floor before heading into the kitchen because I had saw Debbie there "I'm surprised your coming" Debbie said sounding annoyed. Before Fiona walked in "Debs seriously I've apologised what else can I do your not hating on Fiona because she's doing better for herself" I said snapping at her.

"Because she didn't leave us when we needed her" Debbie said before looking away "ok fine" I said before grabbing a beer out of the fridge and sitting at the table "oh, thanks for watching Etta for a couple of hours." Fiona said as she entered the kitchen with a cat on a carry box. "Yeah, I'm here anyways for Frank and Monica." Debbie said as she looked at the box in Fiona's hand. "Can't believe you came for that." Fiona said as she placed it down on the counter. "It's for Franny. They're her grandparents." Debbie said as Etta said as she walked over to the washing machine looking at it in ore "oh, this is beaut, Sandy." Etta said she called Fiona Sandy because she got her confused with her daughter.

"Here you. You remember Debbie, right?" Fiona asked as she turned on the washer "Hi." Debbie said "you Jo" Fiona said before she looked at me "they will be here in case you need anything." Fiona said as Etta waved at us both "so chances are she'll just sit there for hours, but you never know. Okay, I gotta get back to work." Fiona said but as she was about to leave Frank and Monica came down the stairs "look what we found." Frank said sounding excited before Monica came down the stairs holding her wedding dress.

"Yeah." Monica said as she gasped "Fiona, Jo I knew you'd come." Monica said sounding happy "actually, I'm here to get Etta set up. Your gonna wear that?" Fiona asked looking at the dress "it was hers before it was yours." Frank said as he looked at Fiona, I knew that she nearly got married Lip I had told me i wanted to go but I wasn't sure if Fiona wanted me there and I didn't want to ruin her wedding.

"I'm surprised it even still fits with you know all the weight you lost doing DRUGS" I said sarcastically "watch yourself" Frank said angrily as I laughed before taking another sip of my beer "oh, knock yourself out. There's no chance I'm wearing that again." Fiona said before i grabbed my beer and began to follow her out "Wait, please the both of you, stay. Please." Monica said with beginning tone "I'd rather pull my own eyes out" I said before opening the door and walking down the steps.
End Of Chapter 4