Chapter 3

AUTHORS NOTE: The first part might look the same because we decided to split the second chapter since it was too long and put some in the third one. If you already read it, we are sorry and you can just skip through it or re read it. Thank you for reading!

Styfen's pov:

I had looked in every possible crevice the girl could hide in. Except right next to possible thug territories. My only hope was that she was smart enough not venture into any gangway hang outs. Two hours had passed and I was still searching for this girl.

" Maybe Andren?" I flipped open my gold wristband that held a small, rectangular, gold box. Inside I drew out a marble,

"Andren" the outer layer quickly melted away to leave only a tiny water bubble in its place. When it melts, that's my que to talk.

"Did you have any luck Andren? If you didn't, message me back and meet me by the Crystal blue cafe. If I'm not there, I'm probably still looking for her in the lower regions of town."

I continue looking for about another hour and finally give up. Frustrated beyond belief, I head for the cafe. Its demeaning and just really annoying that the girl just vanished from my vision and now I've been scouring the whole town only to return empty-handed, not one flimsy clue of her whereabouts any were. #$@%

I arrive in front of a dome shaped glass building, well technically in the front it's glass and the back is concrete. I trudge inside, beyond exhausted, and mentally deprived of will power to continue. I sit down on a rather uncomfortable chair and order a simple yellow shurbert .

"Really? And your old neighbor never noticed it." A familiar voice said, a slight bewilderment and approval ringing in her tone

Another girl cackled out loud,

"No, but if she did, she never reviewed it to me. In the past, I tried to make the old lady open up, but she always knows how to change the subject."

The whole time they were talking I was making my way towards the voices inspicuously, but at the last few feet I appeared before them, eyeing Clarisse and her new friend. The other girl turned her head toward me, her simple but pointed stare was armed ready, as if I was a guy about to make some moves onto the two. The stare only got so far, since I was too busy staring at Clarisse. She continued on avoiding my gaze and instead found a new facination of the cup in her hands, gently swirling the straw around.

"Is there something wrong, sir?" The other asked.

"No, nothing's wrong" I answer, slightly shaking my head.

"Then why have you come here? Cause if it's to show your mad skills on drinking liquid from thin air, we'll have to pass." Ah, the girl thought I was here to pick up chicks. How stereotypical.

"It's not that either. It's just, I came over to speak with my friend - Clarisse - whom I met in the woods, slightly lost and confused. She also attacked our slater. My friend and I were also surprised when she took of running like we were after her money and we, fearing for her safety, proceeded to follow her. Eventually we lost her and we have been searching for Clarisse for the past hour ever since. Oh, and my name is Styfen, pleased to meet you, even in such confusing confrontations" I leaned on the table they were sitting at and put out my hand.

"Cecilinda, but you can call me Cecil, please to meet you, but I'm fairly certain Clarisse here has an excellent explanation to why she behaved in that way." She says, shaking my hand then turning to Clarisse.

I could tell the other girl was melting under my manners, even if she didn't want to, but she cleared up quickly and this time stared at Clarisse, saying something with her eyes. Clarisse took a small shuddering breath, but sat straight up and peered at me half way, since she did have to explain to me and the girl, Cecilinda.