Falling away

PART 1

                         My God, what have I done?!

                         I’m surrounded by darkness. I see flashes of light occasionally; they seem to be getting closer.

                         The darkness has indeterminate shapes. They’re getting shaper as the light draws closer. Giant vulgar beasts which seem to fight with themselves as much as with the lights.

                         The I can see the source of the lights now, beautiful creatures radiating the most soft golden light. This shields them from the devouring shadows which creep of the backs of the evil beasts.

                         I sit in the middle of this chaos. I’m bound but only lightly and I’m just sitting there calmly with a blank expression.

                         First there’s just a trickle, then a torrent of light and it dispels the darkness around me.

                         I am so cold.

                         A beast is standing right behind me although it doesn’t look like one. He prevents the light from warming me.

                         A hand reaches out towards me. I stand wanting desperately to reach out and grab it. All I can see through the light is a pair of eyes. Those eyes have gazed into the depths of my soul and are filled with infinite pity, they long for me to reach out.

                         Death touches my shoulder. I whisper “I’m sorry”.