Not Traffic

4 o'clock rolled around, i texted Jess there was no reply after 10 minutes so i texted Keith. No reply from either. Half four came along, i was biting on my nails, something i had not done since middle school. I sat in the lounge anxiously waiting their arrival. 5 o'clock. I rang the police. There was no way on earth something could have happened! Right? The operator stayed on the phone, luckily i knew their registration plate as well as their address. 

After 20 minutes the operator told me that her team could not find them at their property but neighbours saw them leave at half 2. They were still looking for CCTV footage. I stayed on the phone with her when i went to the school asking if Willow and Quinn had left school. The receptionist said she saw a couple pick them up, as she was describing them i knew that it was Jess and Keith. 

An hour into the call and the operator told me that there was a collision on Brentford Street, just 3 block from the school involving a black ford fiesta and a blue BMW. I gasped in horror when i remembered Keith talking to me a year ago about his new ford fiesta. And it was black. I told her that i was sure it was their car. She told me to go to the scene and call her back. 

It was half 6 and i knew that it was them in the crash. When i arrived at the scene i saw that it was a nasty crash. A police officer asked me for my name and why i was here. 

"My name is Camila Garcia. I'm pretty sure that the ford fiesta has my best friends and my little girls in it!" I said tears streaming down my face, i started to hyperventilate. The police officer patted my shoulder saying everything was going to be ok and they were trying their best to get everyone out safely. 

"So they are in there?" I gasped, i gripped his hand and my knees began to shake. 

"We don't know but we do know that there were children in the cars" He replied, i saw that he looked really sorry for me. I couldn't concentrate. I let go of his hand i went to see the paramedics. I told them my situation and they sat me down with a female paramedic awaiting the injured. I saw two men being taken away in a police car. I didn't know them, one had a cut across his face the other had a bruise on his cheek. They weren't bad injuries, not bad enough for an ambulance. 7 o'clock and i saw firefighters taking apart the battered black ford fiesta. 

I couldn't watch, i began to chat with the female paramedic, she was trying to reassure me and stop me from shaking so much. I saw more ambulances arrive, the male police man saw me and called me over.