7. New Friend | Lil Skies

the one where : you lose interest in
a house party & make a new friend

the one where : you lose interest ina house party & make a new friend

You
"This party is lame" I say to Landon, slurring my words.

"It's really not" he says smoking a blunt, "you're probably just drunk and tired" he chuckles.

"I wanna go home" I say, continuously slurring my words, hiccups following and cutting between my sentences.

"You need a ride?" he asks.

I nod my head in response, expecting him to drive me. Instead he calls to his friend, who to me was only known by 'Skies'.

"Yo Skies!" he calls, "do me a favor real quick".

he walks over and I just watch intently sitting at the dining table, once he reaches the table and enages in conversation with Landon I unintentionally put my head in my hands due to the major headache I was currently experiencing

"can you take my friend home?" Landon asks, referring me to me, I can already imagine fingers pointed at me.

"yeah, yeah, sure. I got you right now bro." he responds, bringing my head back up, Skies just looks at me. He pauses and then asks, "you ready to go?"

I never really looked at him this hard before but I sure wish I did. He was shockingly good looking, and that's saying a lot since I usually didn't look at guys like him, in fact I was never to focused on guys to begin with, but he was a sight, and the tattoos only made it better, he had them inked on almost every inch of skin visible. His neck, under his eye, between his eyebrows, above them, along his hairline, his arms, and I'm sure in other places too.

I nod my head in response, and follow him, leaving the party, but go straight to the car as he continues his conversation.

Sitting in the passenger seat all was quiet as I glanced out the window and found him still talking to Landon, who I was hoping would be the one taking me home originally. All this time he has wasted in conversation with Landon was time Landon could have better spent taking me home and then returning to his party.

Leaning over to the right side of the car, I press the 'Push-to-Start' button, just to mess with the radio stations and kill the silence. I decided to beep the horn, and I'm guessing it was enough to knock Skies from his conversation. He just waves Landon off walking to his side of the car, gets in, and almost instantly brings his hand to the volume and lowers to '2' where I can barely hear my favorite song.

"So tell me about yourself." he says

In my head I thought, 'I'd rather continue listening to Chris Brown', but l politely engage in unnecessary conversation anyway.

"Well, what do you want to know? My name?" I ask.

"I guess for starters, that'll do." he responds

"My name is Y/N and I'm eighteen..." I say, not knowing what else to say.

"Lil ass girl," he blurts out chuckling, turning his gaze back to the road ahead, placing his hands back at a 'ten & two' position.

If he was Landon's age, or at least around his age, he couldn't be more than twenty so I'm not exactly sure why he felt the need to overexaggerate and call me a 'lil ass girl'.

I brush it off and ask the question I had been aching to know the answer to: "what's your name?" and while I'm at it, I add, and ask "and how old are you?"

"Woah, when did these become '21 questions' Y/N" he asks putting emphasis on my name.

"When you decided to ask about me and for some reason didn't think that I wouldn't want to know the same about the person driving me home"

"Damn, aight chill. Im nineteen, and Skies." he answers

I snicker to myself, 'lil ass girl' my ass.

Skies? are you serious?...

"Your real name dickhead" I exclaim.

"Oh, right, my fault. It's Kimetrius."

Kimetrius? What type of ghetto shit is that? Never had I ever heard of some unique bullshit like that before.

"Why you ask?" he questions.

I decided to be slick... "so when I ask for your number I know what to save you as" I say slyly with a smirk following short behind.

"CORNY!" he shouts, busting out laughing, and then adds "but you could've just saved it under 'daddy' stupid"

Now laughing more than I was before, I shout "You even cornier for that dumbass".

When he pulls up to my house, just as I was about to step out, I thought about asking for his number, glancing back, his gaze met mine. I wave my phone at him, after pulling it out my pocket. "Your number?" I ask.

He basically snatches my phone and when it's given back to me all I'm left with is a number, no contact name.

So out of curiosity, I ask, "and what am I supposed to save your name under?"

"Kim-" he starts, but then switches his words, "daddy" he says using the same smirk he used previous moments ago.

"Cornball" I say laughing, "I'll just leave you under side nigga #3."

He looked at me & scoffed while placing a hand over his heart like I hurt his feelings, & brushed me off, chuckling.

I purposely slam his passenger door cause I know
people hate that shit, and we exchange one last glance and smirk before he announces, "see you around lil girl" and speeds off.

I smile lightly to myself, and catch myself texting him as soon as I get to my room.

923 words .