18a. WYD | Chris Brown

the one where : he comes to his senses

about a year and a half later...
"Okay, I'm gonna take it off now" Nia whispered as undid the blindfold.

When the blindfold came off, I stood in the middle of a large hall. Colorful strobe lights flickered and my favorite song began playing as people jumped out from corners, behind tables, just about anywhere and yelled out "SURPRISE!"

"Oh my god, thank you!" I shouted, "Did you do all this?" I asked as I turned to face Nia.

She just smiled in response, "no, he did" she laughed as she pointed behind me.

I expected to find my boyfriend behind me but instead I turned to face Chris.

"Happy birthday gorgeous" he smiled as he held is arms out and pulled me into a hug.

"Awe, thank you Chris. You really didn't have to" I said as he hugged me tightly before pulling away.

"Happy birthday baby" I hear a voice say behind me and I turned to face my boyfriend.

"Thank you my love" I smiled as I met his level and pecked his lips lightly.

"Let me get you a drink, I'll be back" he announced as he excused himself.

"Good to see y'all still going strong" Chris laughed, "you invited him?" he asked raising an eyebrow at Nia, "cause I know I didn't" he continued laughing.

Chris & I dated for a year, broke up about 4 months back, and once I realized we weren't getting back together I moved on.

It wasn't an easy breakup either, but once he started running around with 'Ammika' I tried to shake it off.

Rell & I only been together for about 2 months by now.

After not talking for a month or so, Chris broke the silence & we decided to remain friends despite the hardships of our relationships.

Before we got together he promised we'd always be best friends, and he held his word.

When Rell came back he held two glasses in his hand and behind him trailed my two closest friends as they held a huge birthday cake and everyone began to sing happy birthday.

When the song came to an end I blew out my candles and everyone started to clap.

"Hold on" Chris said as he walked over to DJ and grabbed a microphone.

"Aye, I have a quick announcement to make" he shouted and the hall instantly fell quiet as everyone gave him their undivided attention, including me.

"Happy birthday to my fucking best friend" he yelled as everyone began to cheer, "that girl really got my heart, I don't know where I would be without her, she's my rock for real, she been there through it all, and she the only person I know always gon hold it down, I love you Y/N with all my heart" he continued and the crowd began to coo.

My heart began to feel heavy as his words sunk in, I swear I don't think I'll ever get over him.

"I said I wasn't gon' do this, but fuck it" he laughed, "Y/N come up here" he called.

I instantly felt confused, wasn't gonna do what?

When I reached the steps of stage he held his hand out and pulled me up.

"Look, ima be honest. You not just my best friend, I keep telling myself that but it's not true, you the love of my life, I know you probably feel like it took me so long to say this, you probably don't even care no more, but I should've told you this, I should've said it so long ago, and then when I seen you with that nigga," he paused and inhaled a sharp breath, "I couldn't imagine someone else doing for you what I was supposed to do, so this is me putting everything out there, with my heart on my sleeve, and I'm asking you for one more shot at us, I promised you one day I was gon' put a ring on your finger, and that's exactly what I wanna do" he spoke, his words like silk, and I could feel the tears threatening to fall.

He gave the microphone to the DJ and began to kneel down and I could feel my heart beat accelerate.

He pulled a box from his pocket and revealed what was probably the prettiest diamond I'd ever seen.

"So what do you say?" he asked.

Every moment we'd ever spent together, everything we've been through, the early mornings, the late nights, the fights, the makeups, everything flashed through my head all at once and at this point I could no longer hold back the tears.

There was no way I could ever say no to this man, he'd held my heart in his hands since day one.

"I love you Y/N, don't leave a nigga hanging" he laughed.

"Yes of course, I love you too Chris" I smiled through the tears as I sobbed.

He slipped the ring on my finger and stood up as he held my hands in his own, I instantly pulled his face to my own and planted a kiss on his lips as he slightly deepened it.

"Man I really thought you was gon' say no" he chuckled as his forehead pressed against my own.

I glanced into the crowd where I stood before all this had played out and I found Rell's angry eyes as he grilled me before angrily walking out and disappearing into the crowd.

Everyone began to scream in awe as cameras flashed and Chris held me in his arms.

935 words .