Waking Up Is The Hardest Part

That was the first night my father hit me.

He didn't have the whip then, that came later.

Then the darkness came. I was starting to wake up. This was the worst part.

I tumbled through the darkness. The numbing pain from the night before was coming back. It was almost too much to bear. As the pain got worse I prepared myself for death. I was waiting hoping that I wouldn't wake up this time. I wanted to go to hell, that was where I belonged.

I deserved to burn for the rest of eternity, to feel the pain my mother felt. Why- why do I have to continue living? Why do I have to keep on lying to myself trying to give my self the courage to stand again, when I know that I'll be brought down.

I continued to fall through the darkness. The pain had begun to release its tight grip on me. I tensed as I realized that I was going to live through it, I was going to live another night. The thought made me sick.

I winced at the light that burned my eyes when I had tried to open them. I sat u and felt the numbness that came from all the blood rushing to my head. Everything was blurry and spun around me. I could still hear voices from the night before. I heard the bang of the gun shot, my mum's heavy breathing and the whip slicing through the air.

An: Srry I understand this chapters short, but I promise the next one will be longer it should be up by tomorrow. :) and guys could u please tell me if I should continue putting the focus on her and her fathers relationship or if I should put some romance or a lot of romance in it. Id love to get feedback.