off

will I be you? will you be me?

Na jaemin was a mystery to everyone around him. One day he would be sociable and talkative, the other he would be chaotically silent. However, he wasnt just a mystery for that reason,

his animal and color were no where to be seen.

Growing up, his parents would think that his mark was just appearing slower than other children's. They waited and waited for years until Jaemin turned 8. No mark to be found on either wrist. Even if it was there, it was so faint to the point that it was invisible to the eye. His parents were owls under the color brown (which wasn't very fitting since both of them aren't the quietest). They had met when his mother accidentally spilled a drink on his father at a New Years party. It wasn't the most romantic story he's heard, but his parents have never lost that spark they had since that day.

By the time Jaemin turned 17, he had only a sliver of hope hanging onto him. His friends already finding their halves: the otters, the rabbits, the wolves, and so forth. His best friend Jeno had a mark, but it was extremely faint. He always went on about how he can feel how far away he is. His other half. Jaemin tried to get what exactly Jeno meant, but he could never relate in any way.

He would think everyday as soon as he would arrive home what it would be like knowing you have a future with someone. He wondered if it was a boy or girl. Wondered if they preferred having breakfast for dinner instead of actual food. Wondered if they had trouble loving themselves.

Wondered if they existed at all.

Jaemin remained silent and un hopeful as always.

and then he inhales.