and on

Deep in my heart, in that dark place

Y/N was no mystery to anyone. She was the entire area's girl crush. Talks without hesistation, radiates confidence, makes people want to smile. A black cat on her wrist to match her personality as some say. She was the person every girl or boy would want as a soulmate, as a lover.

She was among one of the most liked people at her school. The ones who disliked her were the ones who were jealous of how good her life must be. Attractive, good grades, soulmate not yet found, she had it all. Some even wish that they could have a cat so they could have a chance at having someone like her be more prominent in their life. The epitome of happiness

Is what she wanted everyone to believe.

And she succeeds in it.

Underneath the façade and masks she has to put on, she's not confident. She's careless, unspoken, and gets too nervous around new things. She plays everything off as if she knows what she's doing so people will think she has everything under control.

Anxiety ridden, and full of bore she says.

Her day ends as she gets on a nearly empty train to her home. Walking back to her own place alone and struggling to even make it to her room.

The window, now opened, lets in the winter coldness. Something that Y/N has grown to find bothersome. Claiming it makes her loneliness even more apparent. She looks at her reflection and calls it selfish in her mind.

Selfish for fooling everyone, selfish for having a great life and not being satisfied. The list getting longer as the days progress.

She takes off the mask.

She erases the black cat drawn on with marker from her wrist.

and then, slowly, she exhales.