Chapter 19

I softly whine, shivering against Murphy as the power was out for a second day. I looked to Connor and Julia bundled up together with a few blankets and their coats. I carefully get up and pad to Murphy and Connor's room. I shiver as I crawl into Murphy's bed and curl up for warmth.

I close my eyes and hiccup, wishing the power was back on. I hated being scared to death of the dark. I cover my ears when the thunder booms, then came the tears. I kept shivering and sniffling.

"Little Lass," I heard Murphy's soft voice say.

I sniff, not moving due to my fear. I felt the bed and mattress dip a little, then I felt Murphy's hand on my shoulder.

"You're scared aren't ya," he asks me.

"Y-yes," I whisper.

"Saoirse Baby, I promise the power will be on soon," Murphy said soothingly.

"I d-don't think it will," I murmur.

I felt Murphy's hand rub my back, then I saw him frown when I poked my head out from under the cover. He gave me a puzzled look, then he crawled under the cover with me.

I felt him carefully touch my left leg, then he pulled me close and wrapped his arms around me. I bit my lower lip, nervous.

"Shit, Saoirse, you're cold," Murphy said.

I blink, then Murphy got up and grabbed what extra covers hadn't been taken. He then helped me sit up and put one of his pea coats around me, along with a pair of my leggings and a pair of socks.

"Can't have you freezing in just a sweater, bra and panties," he said, blushing a little.

I blush at him, then I let him crawl back into bed with me after he put on another jacket. I yawn softly and nuzzle his chest, smiling sheepishly.

What did I do to deserve him?