Chapter 27

~Murphy's POV ~

I carefully moved a strand of Saoirse's hair behind her left ear. She quietly snored as she nuzzled my pillow. She softly hiccupped and snuggled my pillow more.

I chuckled, watching her and rubbing her stomach. Saoirse blushed in her sleep and a small smile crept onto her lovely lips. She soon began to hum in her sleep and I smiled at her.

I looked to the door when I heard Julia knock on it.

"Come in," I say in a soft tone, letting exhaustion start taking over.

I watched the door open and smiled a little when I saw Connor and Julia.

"We brought you and Saoirse some soup, Twin," Connor said.

Saoirse curled up a bit and sniffled softly. She put her head under my pillow.

"Sweetheart," I softly say.

I rub Saoirse's side, wondering why she was silently crying still. I gently take her hand and kiss her knuckles.

Saoirse softly sniffled again and slowly sat up. She laid her head on my shoulder and wrapped her small hands around my left arm. She kept her eyes closed.

"You feel like eating, Sao Baby," I ask her softly.

Saoirse softly mumbled before she said yes. I kiss her forehead, knowing she probably still felt tired from everything she'd gone through.

Saoirse slowly stood up and shuffled to the small kitchen, head hung. I frowned and followed her. I didn't want her feeling depressed or sad because of me.

"Saoirse," I softly say, rubbing her back.

Saoirse started crying and pit her head on the table. I frown softly and sit beside her. She curled up the best she could as I put my arm around her shoulders. Saoirse shivered gently and mumbled softly about being a stupid little.

I frown softly and feel my heart break. I squeeze her shoulder and kiss her hair, nuzzling her.

What happened to my sweet little?