Chapter 28

I kept my head down on the table, shivering lightly. I felt Murphy lay his head on my back and his arm was around my shoulders. I had my eyes closed as I started to quietly cry. I hiccupped softly, then I felt myself be lifted up.

"What the hell," I squeal.

"Easy," Murphy said, chuckling, "I'm just carrying you to our bed. I'm going to try to help you relax and be happy.".

"O-okay," I whisper, nervous as I held onto Murphy.

I stayed quiet, then I started to fall asleep. I laid on my left side and rub my baby bump. I hadn't told Murphy the secret I had found out and I smiled gently.

"You smiled," Murphy said.

"Hm, oh, yeah," I say, blushing.

Murphy just shook his head and picked up the purple nail polish. I smile softly and let him paint my toe nails. I softly him, then I felt one of the babies kick.

I giggle and take Murphy's hands after he finished with my toe nails. He raised a brow, then I put his hands on my baby bump.

"I've been keeping a secret, Murphy," I softly say.

"You know not to keep secrets, Little One," Murphy said.

"Oh I think this one is okay, Murph," I say.

I watched a smile plaster itself on Murphy's face when he felt a kick, but his smile became bigger when both babies kicked at his hands. He leaned down and kissed my bump, tears of joy rolling down his face.

"We're having twins because you're a twin, MacManus. Same will happen with Julia and Connor," I say, smiling at Murphy's happiness.

I watched Murphy as he laid his head beside my baby bump, sleep overtaking his senses. I smiled and kiss his forehead, getting up to take a walk.

What can go wrong?