chapter three

ashlynn / cameron

 ashlynn / cameron

OF COURSE HE WAS LATE. TYPICAL WATTPAD BOY, RIGHT? 

All the girls fawned over him, any girl would gladly die for him. Everyone throws themselves at him, as if he's a walking pot of gold. I honestly don't know why everyone's so obsessed with him. He's literally...

Just a boy. 

He's like every other typical teenage boy, trying to make themselves seem relevant in school. It's pathetic enough that he skips school all the time, coming to classes late, and proud at that. I thought it was rather pathetic, but you know, my opinion doesn't matter because I'm irrelevant. 

I roll my eyes at the girls in front of me, who instantly start running fingers through their hair, lowering their tops, and giggling amongst themselves. 

Why isn't Cara in this class with me, oh my goodness.

Suddenly, a girl plops down next to me. She reached just above my shoulder, her vibrant green eyes - she has shoulder length dark blonde hair, with highlights of rose gold, and violet. Bold choice, huh?  Dressed in a v-neck camisole, lace up sweatpants, a cardigan slung over her shoulders, and Vans on her feet. 

How did she not stand out with hair colour like that? I mean she dressed like I did, in a way. But I looked nowhere near she did. 

I had long, highlighted caramel hair, naturally falling down my back in its beach waves. My slim, 5ft11 figure catching the attention of a few. My basic blue eyes, and my outfit? Let's say I either felt like dressing up as a Fashion Nova model or basic bitch in leggings & sweatpants, though I assure you it's usually the latter. 

"Am I the only one who thinks that guy isn't that attractive?" She suddenly speaks up. I turn toward her, stunned. 

"No. No, you are not," I start off, and continue after a second of thinking. "Well, to b-" I'm cut off by hearing the British accent in her voice. 

"Well to be honest, I mean—like he's—not ugly but you know, he's handsome, I guess." She shook her head. 

I laughed, replying her. "I get what you mean, don't worry," then holding my hand out, "Ashlynn, you?" 

"Lucy Parker. How come I've never seen you around before? You look like the type of person to stand out." 

"How come I've never seen you before? You look like the type of person to stand out." I mimicked. 

"Touché, well played." She chuckled. 

The class commenced, and the aimless flirting of the girls in front of us died down. Thank god for that. 

School dragged on, as normal, and I managed to survive a full day. When the bell rung, commencing the community hellhole, I was more than overjoyed. 

Not to mention, the excitement I could no longer contain - for later on, I was attending the annual Spring Ball. Held by the Mayor, and our town's most relevant individuals; there was no such thing as being too extra for this event. No such thing as too formal. 

I had purchased my dress months beforehand - and boy, did I absolutely adore it. It was a feisty shade of red, with a deep v neck cut, showing off not too much, but a bit of my non-existent chest area. Bodycon, too, and it had a high slit that started just at my thigh, flowing down to my ankles. I had bought a pair of black ankle strap heels to go along with it. 

Hours later, I was getting my makeup ready - I did light and simple makeup; foundation, concealer, mascara, red matte lipstick, and highlight to my cheekbones, and the tip of my nose. I decided on straightening my untameable wavy curls, pinning a few strands back, with the most bougie hair accessory I could find. 

Turning back from my vanity, I craned my neck to have a look at the time.

6 : 4 5  P  M   

Knowing I had better get going, I slipped on my heels and smoothened my dress with my palms. I grabbed a black purse and stuck my essentials into it. 

I got into my car and made my way there. Upon arriving, men dressed in black suits decorated the front gates. One of which, politely helped me out of my car, and offered to take my car. Thanking him quietly, I started to descend into the grand ball. Trying my best to ignore the lustful stares of pig-like men around me, in the lobby, I waited patiently for the lift. 

When it did come, four years later, I stepped in, seemingly the only one going up. Just as I pushed the close button, a man uniform in a black suit, hair dishevelled, stuck his hand up, signalling to leave have it open for him. Acting quickly, I repeatedly stab the open button, and thankfully it reopened on command. 

A bit out of breath, the man thanked me, before he turned, and I realized who I was speaking with. 

Cameron Reed himself, in all his glory. 

 a u t h o r ' s   n o t e

and here we are! i hope you enjoyed this chapter, it was a bit of a mind challenge for me, as im so used to speaking in internet slang, that i quite literally have to rack my mind for proper vocab, lmao. 

let me know what you guys would like to see further on in the book, im open to ideas oof. if you have any questions or anything i dont know you can dm me !! ill reply you as soon as i can haha, the time difference is a bit of a bother since, if you don't know this I live in Hong Kong, and most of my readers live in America meaning there's a 12 hour difference which absolutely sucks ass, i know. 

anyway, ive already started chapter four, so that should be up shortly, like this week :D 

see youuuu sooon 

stay stunning :)

- burgundypalette