chapter one

ashlynn / cameron

ashlynn / cameron

THE SCREAMS HAUNTED MY EARS.

I covered them with my both hands. All I could think about was the pain my mother was feeling. The pain I was feeling. When you have an alcoholic father, nothing is okay. Only this time, it's worse. I peeked through the railings on the stairs. Glass scattered the floor, and in the middle of all the mess, was my mother. Blood all over her arm, her movements slowly losing life as she became weak.

"If it wasn't for you, none of this would be happening, woman." He sneered at my mother. She shakily shook her head.

"This isn't my fault! Just stop! Put it down! What about Ashlynn?" She begged. Moving forward, I saw a gun. My father held a gun pointedly at my mother, his hands on the trigger.

"Daddy, don't do it!" I screamed. His head snapped towards me.

"Shut up, you good for nothing piece of shit," he exclaimed. "Your mother isn't who you think she is. So it's time she left us. Forever." I couldn't handle watching my mother broken, in tears, on the floor. Just he was about to shoot her, I ran over to him, sobbing, took the gun from his hands, and shot him. Before I realized what I had done, the bullet when through his head, and he was gone. Crying, even more, I ran over to my mother. She embraced me in her arms, as we both cried.

I jolted up in awakening. It wasn't until I felt a droplet of water on my palm, I realized then, I was crying. The nightmares had started again. I reassured myself, that it was all just a dream. It was all in the past. The past I had let go of.

Opening my room door, I went down into the kitchen for some water. Hopefully, that would calm me down, and help me fall back asleep. These nightmares - I haven't had them for months. They started last week. It was the same every time. But it was so real. Sometimes it'd be as if there'd be a twist, a horrible twist to what happened that night. I chugged down the rest of the water and quietly went up into my room.

As soon as I closed my eyes, everything came flashing back, and I shot my eyes open again. I looked at the digital clock on my bedside table.

5 : 4 5 a m

I sighed. I had to be awake at seven for school. That's two hours of sleep. Gone. I picked up my phone and put earphones in. Opening Spotify, I played my 'kill me now' playlist. Sad songs always made me feel better.

Looks like it'd be one of those stay up nights again.

a u t h o r ' s n o t e

here's the first official chapter to my return! remember that since all of these chapters we're re-written, some plot, naming, and such will be different. its basically new for everyone haha. i hope you like this so far. i'm gonna update the next chapter soon, stay tuned as always.

if you were wondering how you could get a chapter dedicated to you - if i see your comment and it makes me die of uncontrollable laughter, or it's a nice comment towards me, another person, etc, then i'll note down your wattpad @ and then dedicate the next chapter to you. praying i'll remember to do this. at the moment, All She Was isn't published anywhere else. I know Radish ( i think its called) most creators on here update on both here and there. i dont, so if you see it anywhere else, please let me know.

anyway, see you in the next chapter.

stay amazing ;)

- burgundypalette