C2: Deal? Deal!

"The best doctor gives the least medicine"-Benjamin Franklin

"Only the brave, teach" -unknown

--------------Jake's POV--------------

I wasn't that busy with my work today, so I decided to visit my wailing neighbor earlier. I tried to look presentable and even wore my stethoscope around my neck, so she'd have an idea that I'm a doctor and not just some scumbag who'll try to make fun of her.

At exactly five-thirty in the afternoon, I knocked on her door.

"Who's that?" a blonde girl opened the door slightly.

"Hello. I'm here to see Olivia."

"Who are you?" Her brows knitted together.

I thought she was living alone.

"I'm Dr. Faulker, her doctor. We have an appointment"

"Wait. I know you! Dr. Jake Faulker! I'm a nurse at Texas Children Hospital. I see you there sometimes. " She opened the door widely, inviting me to come in.

"I usually go there on weekends. And you must be?" I extended my hand to offer a handshake.

"I'm Faye Barton." She shook my hand. "Olivia is my "BFF" and we're roommates! She'll be here at around six to seven o' clock because she has classes till five o' clock in the afternoon at Brackenridge Elementary School. "

Too much information

"Ohh. I can just wait here." I smiled and sat on their sofa.

So she's Olivia's best friend? How can she still live with the one who betrayed her?

Trying to make her feel guilty, I said
"So you're her best friend? I heard that her best friend had a secret relationship with her longtime boyfriend."

"Not me. That's her 'bestie'. I'm surprised that you know that. I didn't know that you're close with Oli." She looked astounded.

Geez.Girls are complicated. Shouldn't you have only one best friend?

"We're very close. We talk every night." I smiled at her.

"I have a duty at night. Maybe that's why I didn't see you visiting her." she smiled back, looking convinced.

"May I ask what's your appointment about? Is she sick?" She said worriedly.

Trying to change the topic, I said
"It's something personal. Are you aware that she's crying every day?"

"Really? I didn't notice. We rarely catch up these days because of my schedule. She seems happy every time I see her and she told me that she already moved on. "She frowned.

And I thought you're best friends!

"Well, you should check her out.She's good at hiding her emotions,"I advised.

"Oh. I didn't know. I'll talk to her later then. Oops, I have to go now, because my duty will start at six. Nice meeting you Dr. Faulker! If you feel hungry we have food in the refrigerator. Just feel at home. " Looking at the time she suddenly fixed her things fast and went out.