The Beginning...

After dating the man that I love for about 4 years or so, I heard about a book. This book was captivating audiences all over, so I developed a sudden desire to know what it was all about. A friend of mine let me buy their copy from them. From the moment I opened the book and read the first line, I was hooked.

I loved the very concept. I had never heard of BDSM before, and I thought this book would tell me much of what I could ever hope to know about it. I found that this was not the case. BDSM is such a broad spectrum of things, you can't learn about all of it ever, certainly not in one place. As time has gone on and I have observed many BDSM relationships, I have picked up a few things.

For starters, I didn't know the endless list of kinks there were to be had. I know everyone has one or two, but I have found that my kink list grows as I grow in my knowledge of BDSM. I have also learned that there are different roles: Dominant, Submissive, or Switch.

Dominants tend to have a preferred title. The ones I have found are: Sir, Master, Daddy, Mistress, or Miss. Submissives also have a few different divisions: Submissive, Pet, or Slave. I have found that I fit best as a submissive, due to the ability to be able to have (and voice) my opinions when it is asked.

So, as I was saying, this book pulled me head first into a world I had never known and now, there was no turning back.

~~~~~~

The first dom I ever had didn't last long and he nearly made me change my mind about the lifestyle entirely. I found that many young guys will claim to be a dominant, but are actually just looking for someone vulnerable to use and abuse as they please. They also seem to have an inability to respect limits set.

He seemed wonderful at first, my own Christian Grey. I didn't think I could find one as perfect as him, and then he chose not to respect me.

See, another thing most don't realize is that the submissive has the real power because, at any time, he or she could call it all off. I enjoy that power and did not like that he tried to take it. I was only his sub for a few days.

The lessons here are: Subs- You do have power, don't let them tell you otherwise. Ever. Doms- Don't make your sub feel powerless unless that is a kink of theirs and only do it when appropriate. Nobody likes things to be taken like that.

~~~**~~~Author's Note~~~**~~~

Each chapter, I will have a "lesson" for both sides based on my personal experiences. I hope that this story is one that you enjoy and support as I continue to write.

~Raivyn S. Quill