Chapter 3

Tom's P.O.V
Edd wouldn't lie to me, right? He'd tell me if the medicine wasn't actually enough...right?
We were walking home, a thick tension in the air between us. Possibilities came and went in my head.
I was deep into concentration when I felt a plop of something wet on my nose. It was raining, and the raindrops were big and warm.
I smiled, as rain is my favorite weather. That smile more or less faded as the rain came pelting down, soaking Edd and I.
We ran the rest of the way home, slamming the door shut behind us once we arrived at the house.
Dripping wet, we grabbed towels and headed to our separate rooms.
I finished drying off and re-dressing, then went to my window and cracked it open slightly.
The smell of rain filled my room, and the soft patterns of rain got louder. I exhaled deeply, feeling very peaceful.
I sat down on my bed and covered up. Even though I was dry, the wetness seemed to have chilled me right to the core.
I reached over to my nightstand and opened the small drawer, pulling out a bottle of vodka. I took a swig, and the warmness hit my stomach and headed throughout my chest.
I put the bottle back, closing the drawer softly.
My door flew open, and honestly for a second I was scared shitless. The feeling faded when I saw it was Edd.
"Hey, Edd. What's up?"
He closed my door and trudged over to my bed, throwing himself down onto it.
His face landed in my lap, and I gently pet him.
The warm breath that ran down my thighs made me shiver from the constant difference in temperature.
Edd's P.O.V
After I had gotten dried and dressed, I threw a few pills down my throat and swallowed them dry.
I wasn't supposed to take more than one, but in a few minutes everything felt normal. I didn't feel tired and I couldn't hear the voice.
I went into Tom's room and landed on his bed. He started playing with my hair, and it was enjoyable, so I lay there quietly.
"Something wrong?" He asked.
"Nope. Just thought I'd spend time with my favorite person." I turned over and softly grabbed his face while grinning.
He blushed and looked away.
"You're so cheesy." He said, sighing.
I sat up, pulling him into my lap and wrapping my arms around him.
"But it's true~!"
"Oh my God, Edd!" He squirmed to get out, But I held on firmly.
Eventually, he gave up and just went limp.
"You suck. You know that, right?" Tom said jokingly.
If he had said it to someone else, they wouldn't have known he was joking. Tom had the tendency to joke with a straight face, making it seem less like a joke.
But, the hint of a smile that played in his voice told me otherwise.
"Yeah, Yeah. I'm just the absolute worst."
I laughed, the sound filling up the room.
"How about I go get snacks and we can watch a movie?" Tom suggested.
I nodded my head, and released him. I watched him get up and leave the room, softly shutting the door behind him.