Chapter 2 - The Beach

Sarah's P.O.V.

Going to school here isn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.

It's about my 3rd week here.

My favorite classes are Chemistry and P.E. and I have three best friends I sit with everyday at lunch.

But lately, I haven't been able to go out with them because of the move and me helping my mom unpack and settle in.

I continue my day, and everything's pretty normal.

Lunch comes around and we all sit at our usual table.

"Hey guys, since it's Friday, do you guys want to go to the beach later?" Isabel suggests.

"I'm down." Nick agrees.

"Me three!" Adi chimes in.

I sit in silence, ugh I don't want to disappoint them again. I really want to go but I don't want to leave my mom alone.

"What about you Sarah?" Isabel says.

"Eh, I don't know..." I hesitate.

"C'mon! You've lived here a month and haven't gone to the beach yet!" Nick argues.

"Yea Sarah! Please come!" Isabel says once more.

"Please?" Adi begs looking at me with puppy dog eyes pouting his lip.

I look at him for a few seconds.

"Fine." I give in. "Let me just call my mom really quick."

I get up and go to a quiet corner of the cafeteria, pulling out my phone.

I call my mom and she picks up within the first couple rings.

"Hello?" She answers.

"Hey mom, I have a favor to ask." I start.

"Well, what is it honey?"

"I hate to leave you alone... and I know there's still more unpacking... and I know the house needs cleaning but-" I'm cut off by my mother.

"Honey just spit it out!" She chuckles.

"Can I please go to the beach after school with some friends?" I begged.

"Of course honey! I'm so glad you actually have some friends!" While her response was a bit insulting, I was glad she said yes.

I went and sat back at the table.

"Guess I'm going to the beach!" I exclaimed excitedly.

"Yay!" Isabel pulled me into a hug.

Then the bell rang.

"Let's go to 6th period." Adi said to me.

As we entered the classroom we went and sat in our usual seats.

The teacher walked up to the front of the room and called for everyone's attention once they were present.

"Today, I am giving you a project," everyone let out a groan of disappointment before she continued. "You will make a homemade cake and the recipe for it. No cheating by looking at anyone else's recipes, this is your own! You will work with the people at your table." She went on explaining, but I tuned her out.

At least I like my partner, Adi is one of my best friends, and has been ever since my first day here.

At the end of 8th period me, Adi, Nick, and Isabel met in front of the school to discuss going to the beach.

"Well, before we go I have to change at my house." I said.

"Me too." Isabel agreed.

"Okay, well we can all take my car, I'll drive you guys to your houses to change and then we'll head to the beach." He suggested.