Chapter 4 - Road Trip!

Sarah's P.O.V.

The last two days of the camping trip were really fun, but the first night was the best.

We came back on a Sunday night at 8.

My mom was happy to see me home. She said it was relaxing being by herself though.

School on Monday was just like usual, and at lunch Isabel brought up an interesting idea.

A road trip!

Everyone was all for it since we had a three day weekend this week.

We'd leave Friday morning, skipping school, and get back Monday night.

"Well where are we gonna go in three days?" I brought up.

"We can figure something out, and we can even take my car." Said Adi.

"Okay, I'm up for it." I agreed.

"There she is!" Nick exclaimed. "For once we didn't have to beg you." He laughed.

"Come on guys, you didn't have to beg me." I argued.

"Are you kidding? Adi had to pull out his puppy dog eyes." Laughed Isabel.

"Yeah!" Adi agreed.

For the rest of lunch we talked about the road trip. Where we could go, where we would meet, how much money we might need, things like that.

The bell rang and I walked with Adi to Home Ec.

The teacher immediately reminded us about our project which was due next Wednesday.

"Oh shoot, we gotta get on that." Adi reminded me.

"We could meet at my house this Thursday, and then Tuesday of next week." I suggested.

"Okay, sounds good." He agreed.

When I got home, I walked into what I thought was an empty house.

I was fixing myself a snack as I heard muffled cries from another room.

I walked upstairs and my moms door was slightly opened.

I looked through the crack and saw her sitting on her bed, crying.

She was looking at a picture of my dad.

My dad passed away a few years ago, and she's still mourning him.

The sight of this brought me to tears.

I slowly walked into the room,"Mom?"

She saw me and tried to hide the picture, quickly wiping the tears from her cheeks.

I immediately embraced her in a hug.

"I love you mom." I said starting to cry even more.

She hugged me back, and didn't even bother to hold back her tears any longer.

I haven't seen her cry like this over anything ever.

"I know you miss him." I broke the silence. "I'm so sorry." I embraced her in another hug.

We sat there like that for what seemed like forever.

I didn't think this was the best time to ask about the road trip, so I waited.

The next night, me and my mom sat down for dinner at the dining table.

"Hey mom?" I started.

"Yes dear?" She replied.

"I know I've been out a lot lately with the beach trips, and camping trip with school but-"

"You can go with your friends for the three day weekend." She cut me off.