Chapter 10 - Feelings

Sarah's P.O.V.

I stood there just staring at the rose, thinking about that night.

How much I liked the kiss.

How scared it made me because I had never felt the way I did before he kissed me.

I don't know what I'm going to so with these feelings yet, but I have to do something.

I walked into the house where my mom greeted me.

"Hey honey, how was your date?" She asked.

"I wouldn't call it a date, mom. I think of him more as a friend." I reasoned.

"Well, how was it anyway?"

"It was fun." I said trying to rush up the stairs.

"Oh honey!" She jumped up. "Adi stopped by tonight looking for you."

The thought of that oddly made me smile.

"Thanks mom." I ran up the stairs, immediately putting the rose in water.

I sat down on my bed, sitting the vase on my night stand.

I went to sleep happy that night.

Today is now Friday.

I drove to school a little early this morning, and told Isabel to also.

"Okay Sarah, why did you want me to come to school this early?" Isabel was a bit aggravated.

"Because I'm really scared and I don't know how to feel and I don't feel anything for Adam and-" I cut myself off starting to hyperventilate.

"Woah, woah, calm down. Everything's gonna be okay." She put a hand on my shoulder. "Now what's going on?"

"Well first of all, last night... Adam tried to kiss me." I admitted.

"And what did you do!?" She asked.

"I didn't let him. I just said goodnight and got out of the car avoiding the kiss."

"I thought you liked Adam." She brought up.

"So did I. But last night, when he tried to kiss me, I couldn't do it. I didn't even want to kiss him, or even be with him like that." I admit.

"Have you told him yet?"

"I couldn't. He's such a sweet guy, and he likes me a lot. After he brought that bouquet and taking me out to dinner last night, I couldn't break his heart."

"Sarah." She grabbed my shoulders. "You have got to man up and tell him!"

"That's not all that happened last night." I continue.

"What else happened?" She asked.

"When I got home, I found a rose on my doorstep. One rose, that's it." I tell.

"From?"

I pull the note from my pocket and hand to her and she reads it.

"Adi?" She looks at me in confusion.

"After I saw that rose, I realized something." I said.

"What?"

"I liked it." I admit.

"Liked what?" She stayed confused.

"The kiss. I liked it and it made me scared as hell." I admit once again.

"That's why you told him you didn't like him more than a friend?"

"Yes. I messed up really badly, and now that I finally realize how I feel, I don't know how to fix it. Please help." I pleaded.