Chapter 23

More and more cracks appeared on the barrier.

One more time. They just needed one more time to break it.

Exhaustion made Rhys's hands heavy, but he didn't stop. He would never stop until Akira was safe again.

He had lost her once. It was his choice. It was for her. But he had hated every moment of it.

The world could crash and burn for all he cared.

He wouldn't lose her again. No matter what.

The barrier broke. He and Gabriel took fast breaths to make up for their panting.

"I'll be going first. Time is of essence. " Glen said.

"Glen." Rhys grabbed his arm, his lips stretched. Glen's glare softened as he squeezed Rhys's shoulder.

"I know. I won't let anything happen to her."he said.

"Thank you."

A moment later Glen was gone.

Air ruffled Rhys's silver hair. "Let's go." he said.

They all rushed through the small stone building's door. They descended the stairs by twos and threes.

Two different paths were in front of them.

"What do we do now?" Stephan asked.

"It's quite simple. We sepearate."Gabriel replied.

"Oh really? I sooo didn't know that." Irony coated Stephan's words. "That is exactly what I am asking."

"You two go to the right. I'm going left." Rhys ran to the path without waiting any reaction of them.

Please be safe, Akira.

Rhys glanced at the dungeon. Empty. No sign of Akira.

An arrow hurtled, hitting the wall next to him. Rhys swore aloud at the sight.

"I should have known you were involved." he said through gritted teeth. "Vincent."

Vincent looked at Rhys. Eyes dead, empty. Gray.

Not violet.

He was possessed.

He created three arrows and aimed at Rhys. Rhys jumped back, avoiding two.

He made a shield of fire, burning the last one. Three more arrows came to his way.

"Vincent." Rhys jumped out of the arrow's way. "Snap out of it!" He caught the arrow, the tip stopping a breath away of his heart.

"Damn it!" Rhys snapped the arrow and threw two fireballs at Vincent. He avoided another arrow, panting.

His arms felt like they would break. His legs were barely able to suport him.

Damn it. Damn it. Damn it.

Still Rhys kept throwing fire balls at Vincent. He dodged all of them.

Blue blazes surrounded Vincent, burning so high he couldn't be seen.

"You are so annoying." Vincent said. It was a female's voice. Was it the witch?

"Let Vincent go!"He said.

"No way." Vincent said. "You S class members are meddlesome. You should have just let me kill Rene. But no. You just had to keep saving her!"

"Of course we did. Akira is one of us. S class is a family. We won't ever let anyone hurt our family!"Rhys shouted.

"I know all about you Rhys Kerys Lonet." he said. "You know more than anyone else. She is the queen. The queen HAS to die. Don't interfere."