Prologue

Adam Jensen was born on March 9, 1993. At a very young age, he was one of a group of infants subjected to experimental genetic therapy treatments by White Helix Labs, a subsidiary of VersaLife and out of all the children, aside from Jensen, died because of the treatments. The Gene therapy from the treatment had permanently altered Jensen's biochemistry. His body would not reject electrodes from the augmentation even with glial tissue build up. The bond between tissue and electrode would strengthen overtime and possibly without limit which means he doesn't require Neuropozyne to use the augmentations.

Later Jensen joined the Detroit Police Department. He graduated in the top ten percent of his Police Academy class. In 2018, he joined the Department's SWAT unit and was accepted under the command of Quincy Durant, becoming the leader of Team Two.

In 2020, Jensen and Durant confronted Tyrell Banks, an augmented murderer, who had severely injured Durant before being killed by Jensen. Durant was saved by augmentation surgery, something he did not ask for and did not trust. In the following years, Jensen witnessed and grew concerned with Durant's increasing aggression and corruption growing with his new powers.

He quickly went through the ranks as part of SWAT Team Two, eventually becoming the commander of the SWAT Team, but his police career came to an end during an incident known as the Mexican town Massacre. A young augmented boy was identified as dangerous and he was given the order to kill the augmented boy, instead of taking the shot he refused that order which was passed on to another member of Jensen's team, Wayne Haas. His old partner, Durant, was involved in the incident. He managed to kill Durant with an EMP grenade and a bullet in the head soon after that he quit the force. Haas was then promoted into Jensen's vacant slot later on.

Soon after he the police force, Jensen was in a relationship with Sarif Industries neurologist Megan Reed. During their relationship, Reed discovered his unique genetic traits, and advised her employer, David Sarif, to hire Jensen in order to ensure access to Jensen's genetic material.

Jensen joined Sarif Industries as Head of Security in 2026. However, the founder of Sarif Industries, David Sarif, was being cautious and decided to hire a private investigator named Brent Radford to investigate Jensen's past. Radford discovered Jensen's role in the White Helix experiment and the fate of his biological parents. Sarif chose to not tell Jensen, believing that knowledge of his origins as a human test subject would be harmful to him.

Although Sarif was impressed with Jensen's loyalty and skills, Jensen was more important to the company as "Patient X" in Reed's research. If Jensen's genetic quirk could be directly integrated into a new generation of biochips, then rejection would be eliminated entirely and augmentation would become as simple as plastic surgery ushering in a new age of human enhancement and destroying VersaLife's Neuropozyne market. Megan Reed's research was completed in early 2027.