Chapter 2

"I couldn't believe what happened that day....I knew she didn't have much time left ....but so soon....It totally broke my heart," he said to his best friend.....Anna.
That day.....they cried together.....for the first time.
Anna had William's back for a long time....they were friends since 3rd grade....his mother's demise broke her too. William had very few friends, but those few were like his family.

"William, I'm sorry for your loss...his teachers said.

But he knew that all of them didn't care. Only Anna cared. Only Anna wept. Oh how beautiful she looked when she wept. It felt so good hugging her and wiping her tears.

William dropped her home and waved her goodbye. He then pulled out a box of cigarettes, pulled one out and lit it and set off for home.
{{ Yes, smoking is really bad for you... DON'T ever try it.}}
Ten minutes after he reached home...his father came. He didn't know that she had died.
When he did get to know....the reaction was obvious.
Shock, anger, grief, hopeless....the typical feeling.

The love of his life was gone.
Since then, William's father hadn't been himself. He would act strange, often talking to himself and randomly blackout all of a sudden.
William just didn't know what to do.

He was utterly confused. He couldn't concentrate on his studies, he seemed to drift further away from his already few friends, and also started smoking more and more cigarretes.
There wasn't much he could do, honestly.  All he could do was pray.....pray that all this would be over and his life would be normal once again.
The world seemed so boring to him now. Everything was dull and gloomy.....even the lovely sounds of birds chirping in the nearby park didn't seem to brighten his mood.

Not everything though. Anna. Anna was there for him. William texts Anna:
"Anna....can you come over to my place....like...right now???We need to talk."