Chapter 6

Imagine spending your vacations in jail.

William had heard really bad things that can happen to people in jail....very bad things..... Things involving rods and other inmates......not a very pleasant way to spend your vacation.

William went home dejected and afraid. His mother's death had already traumatized his father. He was afraid that this would be too much for him to handle.

William, with trmbling fingers, reached for the door. He went in and saw his father slumped on a sofa,with his back to William, motionless.

"Dad? Are you okay?".

No response.

He was asleep.
William put a blanket around him.
"I'm so sorry Dad. I've done something very wrong", he said, hugging him, with tears flowing from his eyes.
His father, feeling the sudden warmth of the blanket and William's tears on his cheek, woke up.
"What happened son?",he asked.
"The school bully I told you about, Tim.....I got into a fight with him."
"That's not something to cry about right? What happened?"

"Well, that's not ALL that happened. I nearly killed him, Dad. I nearly killed him. I hit him on the head with a baseball bat.Hard. What could I do? I was too angry. I couldn't control myself. He was bad mouthing my mom. Idon't even know if he will even be alright again. The Principal called you to his office tomorrow."

His father didn't react to that. He just replied, "Don't worry son, you will get what you deserve."

The next morning, William was seen entering the school with his father. Already people were gossiping about him. He knew. William knew that people were now talking about him.
He didn't care though. He knew he gave Tim what he deserved.

"May we come in, sir?"
"Aah....William. I've been expecting you. Oh you brought your father. Hello sir, how are you?" He asked, shaking Will's father's hand.
"I'm John, I'm the school principal. Nice to meet you. I've seen you for the first time here, may I know your name sir?"

Abel :"Abel. Abel Kennedy."

John :"Mr. Abel. I hope William has already told you why you have been called here."

Abel :"Yes sir, I do know."

John :"Well, what do you think should be the punishment for this?? HE NEARLY MURDERED A FELLOW STUDENT!!!!"

Abel :"I'm sorry sir, but I don't understand how you can call Timothy a student. My son just stood up for himself. He gave a bully a taste of his own medicine."

William :"And also th...."

Abel :"William, did I ask you to say something?...be quiet, son."
William:"Okay dad. I'll just wait outside."

William went out and saw Anna outside the office.
His eyes lit up.
"Anna??", he called. A few tears feel from his eyes
"Yes Will? Wait... Are you crying?? What's wrong? What did that glutton tell you?"
She loved calling the principal a glutton.
"I don't know. They started to talk, I left."
"Oh okay."
They started talking.
This was the first time he felt so happy talking to her.
They talked for hours.
Anna missed her classes. But she didn't care.
She was talking to the love of her life.
But none of them knew each other's true feelings.
They were trapped inside the illusion that they were best friends.