Saturday |07|

May 11, 2024

Rain pounds around you, perfect for your solemn mood. You make your way to the flower shop Tobio took you in for your first 'date'. Though you try your hardest not to show it, your depression is obvious to anyone who passes. Your eyes wander until you find a gorgeous bouquet of dark blue flowers. Purchasing them, you make your way to the small corner store.

"Welcome!" A deep voice calls, though they jump in surprise when they see you.

"(L/n)? What are you doing here?" Ukai asks. Dark half moons lay under his eyes, and his stubble has grown past a two day shadow.

"Are you coming to the funeral?" You ask quietly. He looks at you sadly and nods his head.

"Of course. He was a great man, you know that right?" Ukai says lowly. Tears dot the corners of your eyes, and you leave without another word. Your next destination is the park, the only place you can relax lately. The rain slides down your umbrella, making a curtain around you. You attempt to control your emotions, though you can't stop yourself from letting out a loud sob.

Your phone buzzes and you look at the time. Rising, you make your way to the designated church. As you enter, many others file in around you. Loved ones, friends, all important people who love him. You jump as you feel someone touch your arm.

"(F/n)..." He says, sorrow swirling in his eyes. You try to stop yourself from crying, but you can't. He pulls you towards him and hugs you tightly.

"It'll be ok... Everything will be ok..." he says soothingly, patting your shaking back. The pastor stands at the front, and the funeral begins.

"We would like to thank everyone for coming today. First off, we would like to have (L/n) (F/n) come up and say a few words." The pastor says, beckoning you towards the front. You go to the front, looking straight and keeping your composure. You breath in deeply before beginning.

"The man you see laying before you is the most loyal person you will ever meet. He cares for those around him, and he always knows what to say. He may not have conveyed his feeling in the best of ways, but they still got through. He was many things, but to me he was a best friend. He was the very first person to talk to me, and I will never forget his kindness. Hinata Shoyo," You finish, "will always hold a special place in my heart. Thank you."

You rush back to your seat, and Tobio engulfs you in a hug. Though his body is still weak from recovery he hugs you as tightly as he can. He decides, right then and there, that he could never leave you alone. Could never leave you, willingly or unwillingly, to be by yourself. So he made a promise, a promise filled with meaning, to stay by your side forever, and he does just that.