Scary Movies

[a/n]: Sort of a one shot?? I guess...

***

"Trust me, you cannot stay up all night to watch a horror film all alone Chaeyoung." Jeongyeon said so convincingly which would have made anyone passing by believe her, while she was doing the dishes with Jihyo.

"I CAN SO!" Chaeyoung stomped and pouted at her No Jam Hyung.

"HAH! Wanna bet?" The older sister smirked.

"Okay! You're on!"

Jihyo chimed in with a little smug smile, taunting the maknae, "How about throw in a little challenge then?"

Chaeyoung squinted her eyes, unsure of what's happening. "What challenge?"

"Do it sometime this week."

"Okay, deal!" Chaeyoung finally said before putting back the pitcher of water back in the fridge.

[TWO DAYS LATER]

Jeongyeon, Chaeyoung and Tzuyu goes into a mart to buy the whole group their dinner.

"See? I told you," Jeongyeon shrugged at Chaeyoung while picking what brand of ham to buy. "You can't do it. You can't watch a horror film alone."

"Hey! I still have five days!"

Tzuyu, watching the scene, couldn't help but be amused and smile at her members.

Jeongyeon scoffed, "Yeah, make that four because I'm pretty sure you aren't gonna do it tonight."

"I might." The little cub crossed her arms trying to prove something. "You don't know that."

"Yeah..." Jeongyeon, losing a little interest in it, continued walking to the next aisle, arms clung to their tallest maknae.

Chaeyoung followed suit.

[BACK AT THE DORM; SAME DAY]

"Why is Chaeyoung frowning?" Dahyun teased.

"Oh she's just sulky because I don't believe she can watch a horror film in the middle of the night by herself," The second eldest unnie tried hard not to chuckle before continuing to the kitchen with all the stuff they bought from the mart, tagging Tzuyu along with her.

"HAH!" Dahyun exclaimed, "Chaeyoung? Watching a horror film? Alone at night?" She paused for a second but then guffawed the moment Chaeyoung bobbed her head shyly, agreeing.

The members found it amusing too and even Mina who was busy with her game on the phone, chuckled.

"Mina-unnie!" The smallest member of TWICE pouted as she walked furiously and flopping herself beside Mina.

"Didn't you try to watch a horror film last night at our room?" Nayeon suggested.

"Yeah but she I think she didn't finish it since she threw the laptop back on Mina's bed before she walked out." Sana chimed in.

"Aww, I will watch with you," Momo said cuddling the little cub who was now beside her on the sofa.

Jihyo cut in with her all-knowingly voice, "But then what's the point of 'watching all alone' then, Momo?"

"I SO CAN WATCH A HORROR FILM BY MYSELF!" Chaeyoung pouted and frowned before looking at Mina who was still busy with her game. "Right, Mina-unnie?"

"Hmm? Yes of course you can," The gamer girl didn't even bother lifting her eyes off the screen while she answered.

"Okay, here's the deal then Chaeng," Jeongyeon, hearing all those conversion even in the kitchen, came out to the living room with her pink apron and a glove on her left hand, "If you did finish an entire horror film within this week as the bet says-"

"There's a bet?" Dahyun butted in, and laughed when Nayeon (who was suddenly interested in the whole plan) shushed her.

"Yep. As I was saying, when you do watch by yourself I will do whatever you want. But! If I win then you will go buy me a melon bread with your own money, by yourself, wearing Dahyun's clothes."

"Why does it have to be my clothes?" Dahyun asked.

"Because your clothes are ridiculous. Duh." And just like that, Jeongyeon headed back to the kitchen where she left their tall maknae trying to fry their hams.

The rest of TWICE, excluding Dahyun of course, laughed at Jeongyeon's statement in agreement.

[ONE NIGHT BEFORE THE WEEK ENDS]

Chaeyoung finally decided that she would do it. She grabbed two blankets in their room to put it in the living room. She headed to the kitchen and popped popcorns as well before slumping in the center of the living room.

Right after she found her comfy place with her two blankets and the throw pillows around her like a fort, she opened her Netflix on their huge Smart TV.

Veronica.

That was the film she saw that caught her attention, plus it was new.

"Ooh, this is kinda nice..." She mumbled.

Before the scary parts even show she tried to calm herself with; "Who says I can't watch this? I sO CAN."

[IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FILM]

Tzuyu happened to walk past from their room to the bathroom which startled Chaeyoung a lot.

The tallest maknae who was half-asleep groaned when she herself was shocked by Chaeyoung's loud gasp and when she realize that there was a scary sound coming from the TV she groaned at her friend.

"Ugh, what are you doing?" She rhetorically asked.

Chaeyoung answered, "Watching..."

With that, Tzuyu finally entered the bathroom and when she came out, she noticed that it was curiously silent and then she realized that Chaeyoung was looking at her with a little smile on her face.

"Watch with me?" The 'not-scared' little cub meekly said at her tall friend.

Yoda could only chuckle lowly, knowing all too well that their small maknae couldn't really watch a whole scary film alone at midnight, before turning her back on her friend and headed back to their room. Chaeyoung pouted and un-paused the film.

Not a minute later, Tzuyu came back to slump herself beside her with Go Minjoong in her arms.

"I knew you were scared," Tzuyu whispered, teasingly while grabbing a handful of popcorn.

"Wha- I am not scared! I was just being polite, so I asked you to come watch."

"Oh, is that right?" The tallest member stood up because she knows that her little friend is scared in reality. "Well, okay then. If you say so. I'm going back to bed. See you in the morni-" Before she could stand up, Chaeyoung abruptly grabbed her wrist.

"No, wait!"

"Aha! I knew it." Tzuyu giggled.

"Fine, you win. I am a little bit scared-"

"A little?-"

"Fine, a lot!"

"Well, why didn't you just turn it off and go to sleep?"

"Because I had to prove that I could do it since you guys always told me I couldn't."

"I never said you couldn't,"

"Thanks,"

Tzuyu cuddled herself with Chaeyoung and continued to watch the said film.

The night ended not so bad. At least Chaeyoung had Tzuyu to watch the film. Everything turned out well.

Or did it?

-TBC?-