- Chapter 10

School was a stage.

Kazufuru Ooike inspected his appearance and clothing one last time and gave a practiced smile in front of the mirror before he left home.

Compared to those ordinary folks who wasted their valuable youth, he discovered the true nature of school life early on, and he dressed smartly every day in order to spend each day at school perfectly.

Just like an actor on stage, he would show off his dazzling appearance, graceful elegance, and eloquent communication, thus giving the audience a deep impression as well as raising his own fame and status.

As for finding yourself? Youth? Enjoyment? Haha, they were the shallow ideals of foolish and ordinary people who understood nothing about reality. The future was just a hazy fog to them—what else could they do besides wasting their time here?

Kazufuru Ooike saw reality for what it was long ago and had made detailed plans for his own future. To him, school was the prelude and stepping stone to society, and he intended to stand at the top of this comparatively simple enclosed society in order to have a head start when he entered society for real.

Naturally, an excellent impression and outstanding grades were necessary. The next step was to obtain a position in the student council. However, his highest goal was... an exceptional partner!

And who could match the student council president, Natsuya Yoruhana?

As he walked into the school and sighted her feminine figure, the corners of Kazufuru Ooike's mouth arced upwards, and he went over to greet her familiarly.

"Secretary Ooike and President Yoruhana... the sight of them together is just like a painting..."

"Both of them have top-class grades and appearance, and they're both elites that entered the student council as freshman students—they're just too perfect!"

"Are they really not going out with each other?"

Listening to the whispers around him, a sense of pride welled up in Kazufuru Ooike's heart, but he carefully hid his feelings, remaining impassive as he continued his conversation with Natsuya.

Most people in school knew that Natsuya Yoruhana was from a rich and powerful family, but they didn't know the full extent of her family's wealth.

However, Kazufuru Ooike was different. Although all his knowledge came from browsing the internet, that alone was quite shocking.

He didn't understand why a lady of her level was studying at Genhana High School. Doubtlessly, this was an incredible chance for him—maybe even an once-in-a-lifetime chance!

As long as he succeeded in gaining her affection, he could reduce the number of years where he had to work hard by at least thirty years!

The moment he realized this, he worked hard at getting closer to this brilliant and beautiful lady from an illustrious family. And currently, he was one of the closest males at school to Natsuya Yoruhana.

Almost every student at school recognized the two of them as a perfect couple, and based on the president's attitude towards him, Kazufuru Ooike also believed that.

Until today.

"That person will transfer into your class today, so please take good care of him, Ooike-kun."

Natsuya Yoruhana's sentence as she smiled stirred dark emotions within Kazufuru Ooike's heart, but of course he didn't allow it to show.

"I will."